Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Changing My Ninja 300 from SE green to white.

11K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  Roxanne 
#1 ·
I've thought about it, and i really just want a white bike. I don't like the green at all. So I purchased a new tank from eBay. Once that gets here ill swap out the tanks. And list my green one for sale on eBay. Then ill purchase a white fairing set off amazon. :) yaya! Then ill sell each green piece on eBay as well!

#4 ·
I wanted a white one but they weren't being sold in my local dealers. Then I couldn't find any 300 on Craigslist so I jumped on the nearest one which was a 13' Green SE that I bagged for $3k even ;) . I'm going to do the same this coming February. I wanted an R3 but they're so anorexic looking :(.

#3 ·
1. either the salesperson was incredible
2. you really,really hate the color green
3. you really,really love the color white
4.you pounded a bottle of Jagermiester before going into the dealership
5. or, you are incredibly ambitious!
lol

I can relate to all, except 2 and 3

#5 ·
I owned Kawasaki atv's and dirtbikes when I was a teenager, when the only color you could get them in was green...when I think Kawasaki I think green
I remember when their motto was something like "envy is still green" I had a tecate 4 atv...that was a fun ride, my kx250 was insanely fast. the beauty of green is ...unless you've been living under a rock ...you know green means...that bike is a Kawasaki.....its like seeing a 1969 dodge charger in orange with an "01" on the side....I gotta stop... im really really old...holy crap..

Reactions: ZX3R.VADER
#20 ·
I remember when kawi was green, Yama was blue, KTM was orange, Suzuki was yellow, and Honda was red. You could watch supercross and see what the riders were on by the color. I miss those days.

#8 ·
I can relate... Kinda. Expensive fix though, jeez.

I bought my bike back when the 300 was in super high demand. I had to give my name and number to multiple dealers before I finally got lucky and found a used SE with 1300 miles on it. My options were a) wait for 2014s to come out several months later and hope I got one, or b) go with green and black which isn't that bad of a color scheme

I chose option b but I wish now that I had more options. The SE decals are kind of tacky imo. There's nothing about the special editions thats actually special, so writing "SPECIAL EDIDITION" all over the bike seems like a ricer move. I really like the green paint scheme, but I like the green and black 2013+ 636 better (black tail instead of green, and less green on the main side fairing). Overall I would say that the burnt orange 300 looks the best, or possibly the plain green or white. I change my mind any given day. Good luck finding a burnt orange or white though.

If I had a 2014 SE I would just remove the decals completely which would leave a plain green, but the 2013 SE has black fairings instead of green which looks weird with the decals removed completely.

Decisions decisions.. Good luck with your swap

#9 ·
Exactly what happened to me. I agree the SE decals are tacky. there isnt anything special about the special edition, no extra up grades or anything. Just lame green.

Cant remove the decals off the tank. :( they are clear coated on.

Ill keep everyone posted as i go on with this swap. Right now i m purchasing my tank on ebay.

#10 ·
When i purchased my 2014 from the dealership if i wanted white they wanted me to pay another 600 for that choice. Lucky black was good enough for me. I guess white is in high demand? idk. But ill help ya with converting your bike from green to white and help you sell the parts online. I've got an outstanding ebay account. :)

#13 ·
I have a few white oem fairings I can sell you

#16 ·
That is ridiculous. Well i just purchased my tank on eBay. Cant wait to get it!

Once ive swapped the tank out, which will be phase one! Ill sell the OEM Green Tank, to get funds to buy white fairings on ebay. Then Start selling my OEM SE Fairings off! Oh im excited!

#18 ·
I ordered it and my fairings too. I think the fairings will show up today. and friday the tank. Im very excited that in the new year im going to have an all white 300.

I was thinking of selling the parts for these prices does this sound right? I did research ebay of what others were asking for the same parts.

Tank - $300

Left Mid - $ 240
Right Mid - $340

Left Tail $90
Right Tail $90

Cetner $25

Trim Panels - $40 each

Left Lower $90
Right Lower $140

Front Nose - $250

Front Hugger - $100

Let me know thanks!

#21 ·
So i got my fairings from amazon.

They're not perfect. missing clear coat, or painted with dirt inside. or tabs missing. scratched or chipped.

Progress so far: pictured, ill try to finish up today.

Attachments

#26 ·
so the seller ZXMOTO USA LLC gave me a refund of $100 since some of the stuff was messed up.

Im going to clean the green fairings up today, and start taking pictures of them, and give the real prices i want for them. :)

Oh and the tank should've been here already but I haven't gotten it yet. I dont wanna put the side fairings back on until i do the tank.

Oh i was trying to put the front fairing on. its not that simple i see. I dont know how to get it off. It looks complicated. :( any one know how to do it?

#27 ·
#31 ·
Not yet. I still havent done the front fairing yet. I plan to do the tank this weekend. I have to drain out my gas, and remove the parts on the old tank and put everything together into the new one. Oh wow sounds exhausting. then slap the last of my white fairings on. bam white ninja 300!

#32 ·
Surprisingly taking the old OEM tank wasn't so bad. Its clipped on, so removing it from the bike was super easy after all fuel was drained out. Since we're removing the tank the other night, we did the front fairing as well. Bam done. Now just gotta slap on the remaining fairings and the tail light i gave you. and all is done!

Attachments

#33 ·
Thank you so much for helping me. The tank part look so hard compared to doing the rear fairings. Idk how i would have done it with out you and your friend. But i do like the bike much more now that its white.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.