Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Sleeves for Handle Bar Risers

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Rizzay1 
#1 ·
So in search of some recommendations on handle bar risers in the two threads below, I have come across a common concern. That is, that without some sort of collar/sleeve to share the load on the handlebars while sitting on top of the spacers, there is a risk of shearing the bolts.

As this is a common concern to both models of bar riser, I am wondering what size spacers people used to support them.

The arguments for and against are raging in other threads, so I am not seeking to throw fuel on the fire. But if someone decides to go with the sleeves, what diameter do they need to be to fit snug and do the job?

I'd just like to know what I am getting into before I order a set.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...ns/3623-1-handle-bar-risers-black-path-9.html

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...isers-modded-actually-work-they-should-3.html

See less See more
#2 ·
I had the Black Path risers on my 300 for two years and had no issues whatsoever.

The 1" rise does not seem like much, but adding them allowed me to keep my back straighter and it really kept the pressure off my wrists.

I would not recommend them for track usage or for stunts / wheelies. But for anything you can legally do on the street, even aggressive canyon carving, you should have no problems.

-Vorax

#3 ·
I'd be curious about this as well. I want to bring the bars up about an inch but it seems that most bar risers lower the bars in fact. Are there any that are engineered to the same specs as the original design which actually bring the bars up, or up and towards the rider, for a more upright touring style position? I like the bars as they are but want to put a taller seat on, which would put too much strain on my wimpy wrists. :)

#4 ·
Common misconception because they are generally used to lower your bike so they can be referred to as a 'lowering kit'. As you are not doing that you will just have bars that are 1" taller. It is essentially a 1" riser/spacer, they are great and you will be able to install them in 5 minutes with a 3 minute beer break.

This picture was originally posted by AndrewJWD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.