eBay Akrapovic replica exhaust? - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

eBay Akrapovic replica exhaust?

I was just randomly browsing eBay for parts and came across this exhaust:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-C...BW6-l0&vxp=mtr

It looks very similar to the Akrapovic but obviously boot leg version, the price is insanely cheap. Anyone have this exhaust? I would like to hear a clip and see how this bad boy sounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 01:15 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to StaRn3ss
From what I've heard, replicas don't perform nearly as well as their real counterparts, but in some cases they might at least sound better than stock. Here is one guy on youtube who seems to have that same exhaust here.

I can't determine the quality of the exhaust from the video, but I bet someone with more experience here can explain why it's being offered so cheap and perhaps offer some technical aspects behind it with pros/cons.

2015 Ninja 300 ABS - Lime Green Beast
Yoshimura R-77 CF Exhaust
PCV F/I + Map switch
K&N AF
JT 40T steel RS
(F+R) EBC D-H Sintered BP & CoreMoto S/S BL
BKMoto HID BiXenon Angel Eyes Projector Kit /w switch
Zero Gravity Corsa WS
Shorty B&C levers
MotoDynamic LED Sequential Int TL & Fender Eliminator
NOCO Genius
Shogun frame & exhaust sliders
Saddlemen Gel Track-CF seat
Evotech radiator guard
RAM X-Grip
Swingarm spools
Tank protector
Grip puppies
Green Rimblades & beast decals

Last edited by StaRn3ss; 04-06-2016 at 01:43 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 10:28 PM

I looked at all these ebay muffler before I buy my Yoshi. These are all universal muffler, which mean they are just a straight can. You will have to bring it to a muffler shop for them to make the piping connecting the can and the header or else it won't match with the mount on the bike. I guess any muffler shop can do it, just a matter of how much cost. If they charge you over $50 for the piping, might as well just buy the Danmoto. At least you can sell it later and it's more durable. You could not sell this ebay muffler and the carbon fiber will wear off very quickly.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Yeah that's true, just thought it was direct fit at first. But I have to admit it didn't sound too bad either though, I'm gonna look into other brands.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixninja View Post
I was just randomly browsing eBay for parts and came across this exhaust:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-C...BW6-l0&vxp=mtr

It looks very similar to the Akrapovic but obviously boot leg version, the price is insanely cheap. Anyone have this exhaust? I would like to hear a clip and see how this bad boy sounds.
Thanks for link advice

Thanks Guys,,

visit my web

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jokotole; 04-26-2016 at 03:56 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Seasoned Vet

It may not be bad for the price. From the video...looks like just another slip on exhaust.

Chinese parts have come a long way. I heard Ebay fairings fit perfectly, and my fake Pazzo lever ($20 instead of $200) has been working fine for last 2 years.

Sure Akra or Yoshi would be better, but for how much you pay...I think eBay exhaust may not be a bad option other than the fact that you "might" have to take to the muffler shop to custom fit.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 12:23 PM

Garage
I've seen these also and considered getting one as a cheap aesthetic option for my bike, until I can afford the Scorpion I'm after.

I've seen several like the one linked that come with a fitting which allows the muffler to attach to a wide range of pipe sizes; even with this fitting, would it still be necessary to have a pipe piece made?

RIP my 1986 Ninja 250
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 04:13 AM
Seasoned Vet

I'm curious to see how these full exhausts perform...do they actually increase power?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Full-System-E...tWKEOF&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Full-2-1-Exha...RV8clR&vxp=mtr
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:13 AM

Garage
A little late, but I thought it might be useful to add to the discussion.

I too came across these replica-like slip-ons when browsing through the Aliexpress addons. I say replica-like deliberately, because there is a range of options - as there usually are with chinese products. I found a chinese Leo Vince muffler that didn't hide what it was; sticker, embossed label and even an EC approval (for non-Europeans, that's a type approval label required on all newer aftermarket exhausts within the EU). I doubt Leo Vince has factories in China, so this is just another case of the Chinese churning out cheaper intentional copies. However, then there are other universal mufflers. Basically, these are visual copies of Akrapovic/Yoshimuras with an optional sticker should you want to add it. Without the sticker, it really looks like a no-name muffler.

Anyways, from what I was also able to find (and this is the important part), just buying the muffler alone is not enough. You also need the connecting part; they call it the mid-pipe. Here is an example. I was unable to find one on ebay, but this part seems to be the equivalent of the custom made adapter that was featured in the linked video by StaRn3ss.

There are very few reviews out there and according to Aliexpress numbers, only one person actually bought the thing so far (the mid-pipe I mean. The mufflers are selling like crazy, as you'd imagine), so I just might give it a try and report back whether it's worth it. For under 100USD total, it's not such a terrible idea, especially for those of us who are looking to try something that does not sound like the stock muffler and does not cost upwards of 500 USD.

Tags
akrapovic, ebay, exhaust, replica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page