My butt hurts - Page 4 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 06:24 PM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama View Post
How does the saddlemen seats stay dry after rain? It's my only concern before I buy the gel sport version
Gel sport version doesn't stay dry. It absorbs water like a sponge; you have to cover it with a bag or something if you're riding in the rain.

The other models stay dry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Track bike
2011 Yamaha XJ6N - Daily driver
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTheCanuck For This Useful Post:
Lama (07-26-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 06:52 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
I used to get some pain from riding two hours a day, one hour each way to work. I finally moved and now I'm 25-30 minutes each way.

Still worth $250 to upgrade to the saddlemen seats? They have so many variants. Are they the only big player in aftermarket seats for the 300? The stock seat doesn't seem /that/ bad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Racing AFM #725
Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors:

|
| Armour Bodies |
|
|
| Forcefield Armor |
|
| Incipio/Incase |
|
| Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Outlaw Racing/Pit Posse Motorsports | Shorai Inc. |
|
|

post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Seasoned Vet

Location: Crescent City Fl formerly Key West Fl -Formerly Detroit - Formerly Canada
Garage
Started looking around for the saddlemen tech style to check prices and seems most places are sold out of them. Must be popular. Oh well was planning on ordering next month anyways maybe they will back in stock by then.

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Vet

Like I said earlier, PM @ridersdiscount (Mike) here on the forums

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Track bike
2011 Yamaha XJ6N - Daily driver
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTheCanuck For This Useful Post:
reggae5 (07-26-2015)
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheCanuck View Post
Like I said earlier, PM @ridersdiscount (Mike) here on the forums
This is true, it will be worth your while.

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at

post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Veteran

Hope to get mine soon thanks for the great price Mike. Don't miss out guys.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushman View Post
Yes I own a pair and I think their great. Im not sure that they are better than buying a new seat though.

I have a saddle men Track CF gel channel seat and its the best. It sucks to spend the money on a new seat but you will be so happy. I bought mine directly from the manufacturer.

I use the motoskiveez along with my saddlemen for almost all day riding comfort. I can make it through a couple states before it starts getting to bad.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 08:06 PM
Seasoned Vet

Location: Crescent City Fl formerly Key West Fl -Formerly Detroit - Formerly Canada
Garage
Got my Saddelmen Tech seat from Mike at Riders Discount. ( besides having a great price they are great people to work with) Haven't had a chance to put alot of miles on yet because of the daily rain but hope to get a longer ride in to really test it out soon. I notice it seems to tilt me forward more than my last seat, putting more pressure on my wrists, so I will have to readjust my riding style to correct that.

post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 06:40 AM
Veteran

Garage
Anyone have any experience with the Chicane seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmike View Post
Lighten up Francis. It's a beginner motorcycle forum not a novel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffshifter View Post
I ride like an idiot whenever possible.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Veteran

I can ride 5 hours at a time on stock seat o.O try adjusting your suspension or stand up ever now and then to stretch. I have my suspension set to 4 and ill ride threw grass every now and then at work or so and not a problem. IF see a big bump (speedbump, train tracks, ect) stand up let your legs take it not your butt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page