Ninja 300 stall - Page 87 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #861 of 866 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 11:33 PM
Seasoned Vet

That's about where I thought I set it, but it seems to idle a bit lower than that now, more like 1400 once it's warm, but it's hard to tell exactly. It still drops down to perhaps 1100 briefly with the clutch pull on a cold engine say 2 minutes after setting off, but hasn't died. I don't think that is ever supposed to happen. I'll check it tomorrow. It's close enough that I can tweak the throttle as I squeeze the clutch and the revs drop and that keeps the revs from dropping too low. On the 2013s that wouldn't work. The engine would drop down to zero and stall almost instantly. This really looks like the same issue, but perhaps a little milder version. If it continues to be an issue though, I will take it in and let the mechanics try something. Maybe the map is faulty. I could actually live with it the way it is now, so I'll ride a couple hundred more miles before I do anything else.

The service dept. guy was really talking up his fuel additive when I bought the bike. I figured that was just to push a high-profit product, but it could also be there have been fuel issues with the Ninja 300. Others have certainly mentioned it. It's not like I let the bike sit for very long. The gas should be fine. I've been using Shell 87 or 89 octane at busy stations...same stations I've been using for years with no issues in other bikes, so I'm pretty sure it's not bad fuel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #862 of 866 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Seasoned Vet

Looks like my bike is healed. I took it for a nice ride this morning and it runs smooth and doesn't stall on the hill now. It mostly needed to be broken in. Everything works better now...smoother shifting, better braking, smoother take-off (no clutch chatter), better throttle response, and the engine purrs. It has 220 miles on it.
post #863 of 866 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Seasoned Vet

Last edited by dkw12002; 09-14-2016 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Put it in the wrong thread.

post #864 of 866 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 10:41 PM

2014 Problems

Hi folks,

I just bought a low mileage (170mi) 2014 300 ABS and I'm having the same issue with the clutch killing the bike. I had a 4 hour ride home to become well acquainted with restarting on a regular basis. Fun times on an unfamiliar bike for sure.

the bike was even crapping out sitting in neutral but seemed to run well when I was moving. I upped the idle speed last night and it seemed to help a bit early in the ride today but once it was warmed up the rpms were dropping like a stone with every clutch pull.

I'm wondering if it was sitting for a while with old gas and that is causing the problem. I'm putting some redline in tomorrow and I'm on the 2nd tank of gas.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. thanks for the help
post #865 of 866 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 09:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestwardHo View Post
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if it was sitting for a while with old gas and that is causing the problem. I'm putting some redline in tomorrow and I'm on the 2nd tank of gas.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. thanks for the help
I also picked up a 2014 that has had gas sitting in it since March. Ran like crap for a while, but really improved with some fresh ethanol free gas. Getting some fresh gas is definitely the first place to start.
The Following User Says Thank You to gsatterw For This Useful Post:
WestwardHo (11-03-2016)
post #866 of 866 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 07:46 PM

Garage
The last few times I've pulled into my driveway after a nice ride (plenty long for it to be 'warmed up') my bike stalled in first.

I realized I hadn't filled my tank in awhile and the tank only had one bar left. I filled it up and it hasn't happened since. It wasn't stalling any other time, just pulling into my driveway (which has a steep incline... not sure if any of it is connected... maybe it was coincidence)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page