Ninja 300 stall - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM

I've had it happen twice in 1400 km's,, once with the stock exhaust and once with Two bros slip on. Both times happened within 200 meters of taking off for the first time for the day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 AM

Add two more times today to that!!! :/
post #23 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Veteran

I had the same experience. This was way after my first service so it was already broken in. I was cursing on the street and all arriving on a stop, but had a good amount of stretch to go so as I was starting to brake and down shift it stalled as well. But while rolling I had the clutch in and started it right back up to reach my stopping point. I thought I had done something wrong, but as I see its something happening to alot of owners. It only has happen once to me.

Oh and I don't think it's a cold start because I was already riding for a few miles when it happens. Hopefully they have a solution at Kawasaki.

2013 Ninja 300 (White) SOLD
2013 Ducati 848 Evo (Red) SOLD
2014 Ducati 796 Monster (black) SOLD

post #24 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 04:31 AM

I have a date with the Dyno next Saturday, so if we don't hear any 'official' news on the subject I plan to see what my local tuner can find when we give it a run. His Factory Pro dynamometer has a five-gas analyzer which should tell us what the motor's doing in detail.

I'll post the results and any insight we can learn next week.

2013 Ninja 300 SE (ABS) - (It's supposed to be for my wife. Shhhhhhh!!!!)
Also in the garage:
2011 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon
post #25 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM

Strange...

...I thought I could edit my old posts. It must be a temporary window...

At any rate, my dyno session got postponed a week, so I'll update everyone this coming weekend with any useful information.

Also in the garage:
2011 Kawasaki ZX10R
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Comet For This Useful Post:
AMERICOS187 (01-17-2013)
post #26 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 AM

I hope this does not happen to my bike. Doesn't sound hard to fix and I don't think warranty will cover it because it sounds like a common thing so I'm guessing a recall. I wonder if anyone has had the problem then installed a power commander to fix it?
post #27 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 AM

Well, since you asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICOS187 View Post
I hope this does not happen to my bike. Doesn't sound hard to fix and I don't think warranty will cover it because it sounds like a common thing so I'm guessing a recall. I wonder if anyone has had the problem then installed a power commander to fix it?
I actually just got my PCV a couple days ago, installed it last night and rode it to work and back today.

It's running the map included which is for a stock air filter and exhaust and I definitely notice an improvement in the mid range and I haven't had it stall on me when engine-braking to a stop yet, but I've got to ride it more to see if it is really helping this issue at all.

Unfortunately, I now have an ABS fault that won't clear. So, my next step is to pop the PCV connections and see if that's causing it or if I did something to the ABS, which I doubt, since I've done this type of work many times before, didn't really touch the ABS and I didn't rush the job.

The drama continues...

Also in the garage:
2011 Kawasaki ZX10R

Last edited by Red Comet; 01-18-2013 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Needed more words...
post #28 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Comet View Post
I actually just got my PCV a couple days ago, installed it last night and rode it to work and back today.

It's running the map included which is for a stock air filter and exhaust and I definitely notice an improvement in the mid range and I haven't had it stall on me when engine-braking to a stop yet, but I've got to ride it more to see if it is really helping this issue at all.

Unfortunately, I now have an ABS fault that won't clear. So, my next step is to pop the PCV connections and see if that's causing it or if I did something to the ABS, which I doubt, since I've done this type of work many times before, didn't really touch the ABS and I didn't rush the job.

The drama continues...
I don't know a lot about a PCV unfortionatly. I mean I know how it works but I've never seen one so I wouldn't know how to ajust it or anything. I hope it doesn't effect my ABS. How would I know if it does...?
post #29 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Hero of Time

happened to me twice today. both times the bike was cold, i got to a stop sign and while downshifting and coasting the engine died two seperate times in the day...

:\
post #30 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrenetiK View Post
happened to me twice today. both times the bike was cold, i got to a stop sign and while downshifting and coasting the engine died two seperate times in the day...

:\

How cold was the bike?

Stalling has been a real issue for many small bore FI bikes, especially singles. The super lean EPA mandated emission maps don't help. My opinion, the engines don't have the crank/spinning mass of bigger engines which helps keep them running when dropping to idle. Colder air just makes the bike even more lean.

I had mine stall a few times, mostly coming off very high RPMs and dropping gears to a fast stop in hard braking. Since my tune it hasn't happened, but it was so infrequent I'd not call it regular and my tune might not prevent it at some ppoint, but I think this is where the problem and solution lies. This is what happens when politicians dictate performance/emissions parameters.
The Following User Says Thank You to old3 For This Useful Post:
Bikerlady (08-15-2013)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page