Ninja 300 stall - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 866 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

When it happened to me, it wasn't hill related. flat road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 866 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Veteran

This happened to me a couple weeks ago. I wasn't able to ride for a week, started up my bike, and left the garage. Thirty seconds later I was at the end of the road, slowing to a stop, when it stalled. Like yours, it started right up again. I attributed it to being cold.
post #13 of 866 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Forum Champion

if I remember correctly it has to do with engine braking.. no gas is used with engine braking, and then when yo pull the clutch the engine dies because it was no getting any gas to begin with...

easiest way to prevent this from ever happening, is get used to blipping the throttle at clutch pull..
The Following User Says Thank You to cbzdel For This Useful Post:
SClown (01-20-2013)

post #14 of 866 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzdel View Post
if I remember correctly it has to do with engine braking.. no gas is used with engine braking, and then when yo pull the clutch the engine dies because it was no getting any gas to begin with...

easiest way to prevent this from ever happening, is get used to blipping the throttle at clutch pull..
I was doing that at the time of my stall.
post #15 of 866 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

could it have anything to do with having a slip on? (little to no back pressure)
post #16 of 866 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwiggs View Post
could it have anything to do with having a slip on? (little to no back pressure)
Doubtful. Mine as stock as the day it left the showroom, plus 1400 miles.
post #17 of 866 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Veteran

never had this happen to me, but aussie fuels are different.
post #18 of 866 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 01:51 AM

Unhappy Same here...

Riding the bike back from the dealership yesterday I've had this happen several times. Each time it was because I used engine braking coming in to a stop and, like others here, it started right up again when I hit the starter.

For myself, I'm used to using my brakes late and banging down a couple gears (OK, several gears on the 300) to let the engine do some initial braking for me, pulling in the clutch around 2K, applying front/rear brakes and when I get to a stop the engine has stalled. I don't have this issue on my other bikes, so I'm going to wait a while, get some miles on the bike to break it in and then see if it becomes a regular issue.

2013 Ninja 300 SE (ABS) - (It's supposed to be for my wife. Shhhhhhh!!!!)
Also in the garage:
2011 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon
post #19 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 AM

Hey boys, just browsing the net and cam accross this topic, I owned a 2011 CBR205r BUT SOLD IT A AS IM BUYING A TRACK BIKE, they had the exact same problem down shifting using engine brakes. Thankfully it only happened a few times and stopped after first service. Might have something to do with valve clearence. For more info google cbr250r stalling.
post #20 of 866 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM

Garage
Engine Stalls!

Just wanted to share that I have that same issue and I talked to Action Powersports here in Tulsa Okla and had their Mechanic test ride this for some time. He experienced that same issue. This bike (stock) did the very same thing when riding this home during the first day of ownership. I did some break in miles. Then after a few weeks. I then installed a Musarri Slip on and it seem to have more on the acceleration but it actually stalled more on me even when turning the idle up to 1500 Rpms on the idle. So, I then put in the noise silencer and it seemed to give this bike some back pressure like the stock exhaust and it seem to do and run better, but at times it would "Still Stall Out"!. Like coming down a hill before a stop sign.. But much better for the performance and would say better than that stock muffler too...

So, I talked to the Service Manager and he said that he talked to the main authorities at Kawasaki and they are supposed to have this same Bike in the R&D department and are doing some tests.... This has been over 3 weeks now and still no word about this being a Warranty issue or a "Recall Issue'................
I do understand that this Bike is very lean and the Idle Circuit in the Fuel Injection System may have an issue. I just wonder what a Power Commander 5 would do if anything to correct this issue? I do intend in getting that complete setup for my 300. But this should not be stalling out when coming to a stop at all. I have had 2 ZX6Rs, In my past and now also have a new 2012 ZX10R. And never experienced a problem or glitch of any sort with these types of (4 cyl) Bikes at all.

It may be because of this Bike's smaller displacement or simply they just did not test these Bikes out good enough before its release properly... But other than that, this is definitely better than the Ninja 250r except for that glitch in the Fuel Injection which causes this Bike to stall. Maybe everyone should be calling their Dealers and Reps and more or less,, "Demand some action for this problem because the warranty should cover this"!!. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninja300 Stealth For This Useful Post:
Captain (01-01-2013), Pin2Ride (06-29-2013)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page