Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Kawasaki Financing Program.

10K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Bentley813 
#1 ·
Greetings!
I am new to the forum, I just sold my Honda Shadow and I am looking forward to picking up a new Ninja 300 within the next two weeks.

However I am curious and have a few questions about Kawasaki's financing program. I was at the dealer and asked about financing a new Ninja 300, I am 23 and have no credit to speak of, but I was told that Kawasaki will do financing for people who do not have any credit, instead of looking at a credit score, they determine if they can approve you or not by looking at how much your monthly income is, how long you have worked at your current job, how much your mortgage/rent is and how much you have for a down payment.

I was curious as to whether any of you financed your Ninja without any credit and without a cosigner through Kawasaki financing program. and if any of you think i have a chance to be approved. The bike is $4600 brand new, 2014 special edition with ABS. My down payment is 1300$ I have been employed for 2 years at my current job and my monthly income is about 1700$ pre tax dollars. meaning the remaining 3300$ would be about 2 months worth of salary.

The dealer believes that given the circumstances I will be approved, but he will not have an answer for me until monday, so I was just curious what you guys thought about whether i would be approved or not. and whether any of you have used Kawasaki's financing program without credit and how your overall experience was.

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I feel I have a pretty good chance, Why else would Kawasaki look into financing someone with no credit if they wouldn't do it. I checked their website and they provide financing on credit score and credit worthiness, so basically if you have no credit they will finance you if you are of little risk for failing to make due on your payments. which I assume they would calculate by looking at your monthly income, the cost of the bike and your down payment. Also I feel my age and the fact I've been working at the same place for over 2 years will help out. I'm not just some 18 year old kid who has worked at their job for a month and is wanting to finance a bike.

#5 ·
I would look into credit unions and shop around I think that is too high. But if you can swing the extra % go for it. Maybe you can't buy in full now but your financial situation is going to change and that extra percentage you'll pay is a non issue.

Do what makes Ya happy but perhaps a credit union or somewhere offer will be able to offer a lower rate

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
Same. I bank with multiple banks and found a huge variation in rates. The big banks were all 5-8%. My primary credit union was 4%... then I found a different credit union that offered 2%.

#11 ·
I had no credit and worked at my job for 4 months at the time I bought my 300 and they approved me for $7700 at 14.5% apr. Every bank I went to wouldn't approve me so I just had to stick with it.

#13 ·
Just to let you know, if you get any sort of extended warranty with Kawasaki, they have two separate rates, one for the bike, which mine was 7% and the one for the tire and rim coverage, 22ish% which I was not told about until my first payment came in and I saw it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.