Starter bike - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Veteran

Garage
Can we please have this question stickied? This is the second time it's been asked today alone. Albeit the riders are different dimensions the answer doesn't really change.

Here's my response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy
300ccs (296) = more forgiving (but not by much)
600ccs = less forgiving

What I mean by that is you can easily pop the clutch on the 300 and wheelie no problem, but popping the clutch doesn't automatically mean wheelie on the 300. On a 600 when you pop the clutch you will feel it.

Personally I would recommend the 300, and frankly I never understood why anyone would start off with anything bigger? But then again that's just me, I have witnessed far to many rider error accidents simply because they were overtly confident and to new to riding while riding on a bike to big for their skill level.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Special Edition - Kawi Green (Summer Ride)
Mods: TYGA Performance "Maggot" slip-on exhaust, K&N Air Filter (KN-2508), K&N Oil Filter (KN-303), 7clicks adjustable standard levers, SSR emissions block-off plate, Vortex swingarm spools, 15T/43T sprockets w/ 108 D.I.D. chain.
2001 Lexus IS300 - Solar Yellow (Winter Ride)

*WANT TO DO YOUR OWN OIL CHANGES?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OUT*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Okay thanks everyone.

Looks like I'll be starting with a 300. I plan on keeping the 300 for At least a year before I move up. I plan on doing advanced classes also at the same time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #13 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
Can we please have this question stickied? This is the second time it's been asked today alone. Albeit the riders are different dimensions the answer doesn't really change.

Here's my response.
Agreed.

This is like the sprocket or insurance questions!

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Ninja 300 (stock for now)
2012 Audi S4 (grocery getter)
2007 Ducati 1098S (not stock)

post #14 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,126 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseJ805 View Post
I'd get the 300, slap on new tires and learn how to ride really well, then get a 600.
after you *think* you can ride the wheels off it on the street, take it to a race track & see how you fare

post #15 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Forum Champion

Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin View Post
after you *think* you can ride the wheels off it on the street, take it to a race track & see how you fare
I`d lowside on the track most likely, well maybe not with the DR2`s. I gotta be honest, after the first few days of riding with my DR2`s, I was clearly leaning way more on them, and pushing my limit more in curves just because I could feel the difference in grip, and knew I could go lower.

Yes, I know people are knee draggin` with the stock tires but I definitely felt A LOT more confindent on the DR2`s. That is of course until I totaled my 300 but it wasn`t because of the tires.

©•Muilisx•©

post #16 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm actually thinking of doing riding school in the track and getting the license. It really does not seem that expensive for what you get out of it.

post #17 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
As for maximum weight this bike will carry, if you check the DIY sticky thread of awesomeness

Kawasaki 300 Ninja Do-It-Yourself & How-To Thread

you find this

Load limit

post #18 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I'm actually thinking of doing riding school in the track and getting the license. It really does not seem that expensive for what you get out of it.
just be warned , insurance companies will generally *NOT* cover you if you crash the bike at the track & put in a claim for it

The Following User Says Thank You to cruizin For This Useful Post:
Muilisx (10-09-2013)
post #19 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Post Whore

Quote:
just be warned , insurance companies will generally *NOT* cover you if you crash the bike at the track & put in a claim for it

California super bike school and the like have their own bikes. S1000RR!!!!

If that's what OP is referring to.

Dave

2013 Ninja 300 (stock for now)
2012 Audi S4 (grocery getter)
2007 Ducati 1098S (not stock)
post #20 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati_dave View Post
California super bike school and the like have their own bikes. S1000RR!!!!

If that's what OP is referring to.

Dave
Actually yes Dave, you completely read my mind. Also the bikes are insured and I believe the charge for crashing is only about 1200 dollars.

Also the four levels are about 6k.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page