Bike Already Stolen - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Bike Already Stolen

So bought my bike the 25th, got myself scheduled to do an MSF tranning course.... Annnnnd my bike got lifted from my complex last night.

It's crazy I'm at a loss for words, I mean my bike was secure, covered, and locked.
There are three other bikes not locked or covered, so I'm guessing this was cased before stealing. Police said they will do their best, but hopefully the unique paint job will help.

Worst part is, I didn't even get a chance to ride it.

What a world.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Gawernator likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 01:51 PM

What kind of locks did you have on it? Just curious.

But man, that blows. Did you have insurance on it yet?
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Veteran

Garage
It should be easy to track down with the unique paint colour! (Silver Lining on Dark Cloud).

I guess the T in T-town stands for Theif!

Engineer rocketing through time and space on a Ninja 300 ABS
The Following User Says Thank You to sparkcycle For This Useful Post:
Tactronaut (05-03-2017)

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWNGeorge View Post
What kind of locks did you have on it? Just curious.

But man, that blows. Did you have insurance on it yet?
I got screwed on my last paycheck so I was going to wait to get insurance on my next paycheck.

I had a steel brake lock.

It is sad because we have parking lot cameras yet none pointed in the right direction.

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkcycle View Post
It should be easy to track down with the unique paint colour! (Silver Lining on Dark Cloud).

I guess the T in T-town stands for Theif!
You seriously made me do a spit take. The joke comes full circle.

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Veteran

Garage
Wow, this is the type of post no one wants to read. I really wish there was something worthwhile anyone here could say, but that's hardly ever the case.

Was the bike new?

If anything, I can say for myself that miracles do happen once in a while. I once had a really nice ($$) mountain bike stolen. Of literally dozens if not close to a hundred people I know who have had their bike stolen (on a university campus. Bike theft is daily), I'm the only person I personally know that has ever gotten their bike back. One day I was driving with some friends in the car around the suburbs, and (from their perspective) I suddenly braked, put the hand brake on, opened the door and ran off leaving them sitting in a stopped car in the middle of a busy street. I think I muttered "my bike" as I ran off haha. I actually spotted my bike simply because I recognized the little flashing brake light under the seat. Despite them doing a shitload of changes to it, about a week or two after the theft. It was so different that for a second I suspected it wasn't even my bike and I was giving shit to a stranger. But I got my bike back! I dare say getting a bike is actually a lot more rare than getting a motorcycle back. They're easy to sell, police don't help at all for something that is relatively cheap compared to an actual motor-vehicle, have no paperwork, and are trivial to ship somewhere else. I still get fuzzy inside just remembering that story.

Anyway, I hope you have the same miracle story.
Gawernator likes this.

Proud IronButt SaddleSore 1000 rider on a Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS. 1041 miles from Miami to South Carolina and back in less than 24 hours!

For my bike and my mods check the garage. And as always, thanks for reading!

Last edited by Gables_Ninja; 05-03-2017 at 02:14 PM.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gables_Ninja View Post
Wow, this is the type of post no one wants to read. I really wish there was something worthwhile anyone here could say, but that's hardly ever the case.

Was the bike new?

If anything, I can say for myself that miracles do happen once in a while. I once had a really nice ($$) mountain bike stolen. Of literally dozens if not close to a hundred people I know who have had their bike stolen (on a university campus. Bike theft is daily), I'm the only person I personally know that has ever gotten their bike back. One day I was driving with some friends in the car around the suburbs, and (from their perspective) I suddenly braked, put the hand brake on, opened the door and ran off leaving them sitting in a stopped car in the middle of a busy street. I think I muttered "my bike" as I ran off haha. I actually spotted my bike simply because I recognized the little flashing brake light under the seat. Despite them doing a shitload of changes to it, about a week or two after the theft. It was so different that for a second I suspected it wasn't even my bike and I was giving shit to a stranger. But I got my bike back! I dare say getting a bike is actually a lot more rare than getting a motorcycle back. They're easy to sell, police don't help at all for something that is relatively cheap compared to an actual motor-vehicle, have no paperwork, and are trivial to ship somewhere else. I still get fuzzy inside just remembering that story.

Anyway, I hope you have the same miracle story.
That's amazing, I really hope I get something as underwhelming as they impounded it after it was found parked in a fire lane.

I bought it from a private seller off Craigslist. So legit I didn't feel sketched, and we notorized the title transfer in a public bank on camera.

Title was clean, and everything went very well. I'm scared to even tell him cuz he almost cried when he sold it. Spouting off all the memories he had with it, and was glad it would get some good use, because he doesn't really ride anymore.

Ya know I'm optimistic.

But my girlfriend is beyond determined to buy whatever bike I want if we can't find it, but I really wanted that 300. That color and love that went into it was priceless.

Gawernator likes this.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Seasoned Vet

Always insure a bike for at least theft, especially if you're not keeping it indoors or are parking around the city a lot. they're easy to steal and bike thieves are common. I strongly urge this to everyone who wants a bike. Good luck, man.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1uglybastard For This Useful Post:
Tactronaut (05-03-2017)
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uglybastard View Post
Always insure a bike for at least theft, especially if you're not keeping it indoors or are parking around the city a lot. they're easy to steal and bike thieves are common. I strongly urge this to everyone who wants a bike. Good luck, man.
I learned the hard way, but I didn't know o was going to buy it. It just was love at first sight. I thought my check was going to be better but the messed up my vacation hours, so I barely broke even after rent.
Yeah you better believe I'm going to get GPS, lock, insurance, the works.

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Seasoned Vet

Everyone who buys a motorcycle while living in an apartment complex without a garage eventually gets their bike stolen. For some it's sooner, for some it's later. Man... Spur of the moment purchase, no place to store it, didn't get insurance... you have to admit this is a string of bad decisions.

Before you get another bike, have a place to store it. Back when I lived in an apartment with no garage, I stored my bike in the garages of family members.

No, keeping a bike outside and insuring the hell out of it it isn't a good solution. Insurance companies know where you live and you end up just getting super high rates because they know your bike will be stolen.
Rogue and Gawernator like this.

Zaph - Retired racer
My old CCS Ultralight Thunderbike [
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
Action shots [
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
] [
] [
]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page