Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Removing the Kawasaki decals, yes or no?

15K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Ivy2000100 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just bought my first motorcycle ever last week, it's a 2016 Ninja 300 ABS. I went with the carbon gray instead of the lime green or red and love it but the green/silver decals (there are 4 of them) really stand out and don't really blend in well. I'm debating on removing them, they look like they'll peel off easy enough. My question is, does it hurt resale? And does it damage the paint?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Mine peeled right off. I'm pretty sure that piece is just plastic, no paint. I replaced them with reflective stickers from Customtaylor33.

*edit* realized I misread your post and want to remove the fairing graphics, not the Kawasaki logos. Not sure about removing those.

Reactions: Chevrasaki
#11 ·
To each their own, but my first thought if buying that bike later would be that you had dropped the bike and either repaired or replaced the plastics.
I have the Carbon Grey as well. The green stickers grow on you.
I quite agree with this line of reasoning. Anything that deviates from the factory tends to make most buyers suspicious that Joe the hack worked on the bike. I think it tends to lower re-sale.

At the same time however, that black without the stickers sure looks fantastic. If it were me I'd get peeling.

Besides, any traitor who sells the Ninja 300 deserves worse than merely loosing money. They obviously have lost their sense and good taste in motorcycles -at best those infidels deserve a stint in purgatory., without the 99 virgins.

Off topic, but how does the fine print go on that 99 virgins for eternity thing? Do they have to stay virgins? :surprise: That would not be heaven!

#6 ·
You could have replacements made by CustomTaylor33 from black reflective material. That way, they would be black on black during the day and highly reflective white at night. It would add to the stealth aspect. The black outline on my Ninja sticker is reflective black and looks completely black during the day.

Attachments

#7 ·
I removed all mines first day

buy some large sticker paper and remove the sticker keeping the smooth backing (shiny, slick part) run a hair dryer over the stickers peel them off and place them on the sticker paper put the sticker paper in a book now if you ever want to put them back on you can

Reactions: Sedition
#9 ·
Thanks for all of the responses, I wanna keep the Ninja and Kawasaki logos on it, I was just talking about the fender flares and the tail flare. The green and silver just doesn't match the bike at all. I don't plan on selling it for a while but the fact that it could hurt the resale worries me a little...

#10 ·
Yes! Remove 'em. ;) Those graphics look like a cheap afterthought. Definitely remove.

Reactions: MotormanMp3
#13 · (Edited)
The graphics? Yeah, I don't really like them, I'd probably remove them. The Kawasaki and Ninja logos? I love those, I'm keeping those. My bike is a white '13 N300 so mine only came with the Ninja/Kawasaki logos. Perfect for me.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.