Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

The difference between 1980s-1990s 250cc sportbike vs modern 250cc class sportbike

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kaustav 
#1 · (Edited)
We have briefly talked how small displacement bike used to be more high performance on this thread:
http://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...ussion/88034-2016-ninja-336-vs-2015-r3-5.html

Just wanted to share some videos that I found.. it might be a good flashback for older folks.
Back in 80s and 90s, they didn't have ultra high grip tires like we have now...but despite that, those bikes performed quite well

Kawi needs to bring back the ZX2R!

#2 · (Edited)
@ 1:41

"A lot of people ask me, I get this question a lot. How do I get my Ninja 300 or CBR250R to sound like this? And unfortunately, you can't. It's just not gonna happen."

Honda CBR250RR

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-2R

I guess my point of showing these videos is...KAWASAKI REALLY NEEDS TO BRING BACK THE ZX-2R!!! or even updated ZX-3R!!

#4 · (Edited)
Those are amazing!
I wish more of the 4-cylinder 250s made it out of Japan.

The new CBR250RR that's supposed to be coming looks amazing. But it's reportedly another twin, and at or below the power of the previous CBR250RR.
The talk about a new Ninja 250R sounds similarly disappointing, aside from updated looks for the fairings and headlights...

#5 ·
The biggest hurdle for the manufacturers is keeping the cost low for a 4 cylinder 250. If the price is too close to the middleweight 600, most people would go for the 600 & whatever little 250 they sell would likely be at the expense of their own 600(a nightmare for any bike maker).

Regards,
Kaustav

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.