Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Ninja 300 fuel mileage thread

258K views 486 replies 193 participants last post by  Dragonater 
#1 ·
Post your honest city/highway numbers here. Prospective buyers want to know. :)

Reactions: KawasakiMan
#6 ·
My first tank of the bike I forgot to track fuel. But my second tank I ran 65 mpg and I didnt run her easy haha I was twisting that throttle pretty good ( I believe in varying rpm's for break in)
I'm on my third tank now, havwnt depleted that yet, almost 500 or so miles on it. still at 3/4 full tank or better so we will see.

My driving is mixed city and highway, but most roads are 50mph or so for th ebulk of my driving

#9 ·
there has gotta be something wrong with your driving style man... that milage is way too low.. lol especially for your truck.. even my buddies 450 gets better than that when hes hauling 3 cord of wood haha

are you hard on your gas?

#11 · (Edited)
No lots of not moving in bad traffic :(

Plus when traffic is not bad then the trip is so short the engine never even warms up so its not running at top performance.

The joys of the short trips..

My first tank was about 70-75mpg and that had no work commuting on it..

As for my truck I drive a lifted gas fed v10 with a performance tune running on premium.. 10mpg on the freeway is my record haha..

You get used to crappy millage when you never have far to drive.. It makes road trips feel so cheap :)

EDIT: Just though I would add in short trips really do kill your engine so on everything I own I take it out weekly for a joy ride if I have not needed to drive any distance. If you dont allow the engine to heat up moisture just collects inside the engine and it will rot from the inside out..

#17 ·
You fill up the tank. Then see how many miles you put on that tank. Next time you fill up, you take the mileage you have put on and divide that by how much gas you had to put in to get back to full...

#15 ·
for the aussies who deal in kms,
ive done 283 kms with 1/3rd of a tank left, not riding it hard by any means.
This is the most economical bike ive owned its awesome, even with australias ridiculous fuel prices

#16 ·
Just filled up again, was at 45mpg.. Again though its the short trips that get me.. I am either idling forever in traffic or I never even ride far enough to heat up the engine.. And now with it being so cold out I am doubting going on any distance rides hah..

#32 ·
I used the trip meter last few tanks, got 190 miles before stopping for gas, but only needed 3 gallons (the fuel gauge blinks way too early)

Anyway, 190 miles out of 3 gallons is 63mpg, so I'm happy. I want to try to use the whole tank but I don't wanna run out of gas either, so I just stop when it blinks.

90% freeway btw, but I run it hard on the streets.

-THE DON

#33 ·
yeah i'e gotten aroun 50-65 depending on how i ride, but i have never ridden it careful to save on gas, i am sure if i rode it really careful i would see 70mpg. but hey! its better than the 22 mpg my camry gets and that means I get to have fun with it! haha!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.