Back Again - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Back Again

Hey guys & gals. Back again after a brief hiatus from the sportbike scene. Currently looking to buy a new bike. Previously owned a Ninja 250, Gixxer 600, Triumph Daytona 675 and R1. Leaning towards a Ninja 300- due to the fact that it is probably the most fun to ride and it is reasonably priced. I have also considered a Grom and Z125- but I am just a little concerned about power. I know they would be fun to ride, but man, 8-9 hp sounds pretty weak. At least the Ninja 300 would make it a little interesting. Nonetheless, being married with two teenagers, it more about the budget and not so much about the bike. So I am just trying to balance FUN with MONEY. I'm open to comments, suggestions and persuasion...

Been having fun roaming through all the threads while trying to decide what to do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:16 AM

Garage
go with what speaks to you, and is friendly on the wallet. maybe take some bikes out for test rides. ive been itchin to take a grom out. or the z125
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

I've rode both and they are a ton of fun. I am a little impartial to the Z125 though because it just felt better. I just like to blow off some steam now and then and I don't know how much steam you can blow off on a 125. The Ninja 300 has just enough juice to make things interesting- and I love those high revs...

Haven't been on a bike for about 3-4 yrs... but want to get back on!

Previous: Ninja 250, Gixxer 600, Dayton 675 SE, R1.
Current: Trying to decide...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 11:02 AM
Veteran

Garage
I'd have some fun and test ride a few styles that you would not consider ordinarily. That way you still pick your favorite, but you have a clear argument regarding why the others aren't for you, other than hearsay and rumor. Take out a dual-sport and run it in the grass over some bumps. Take a cruiser on the highway. Take your significant other on a touring bike. Women do it with clothes shopping all the time no shame in hitting the malls and try a ton of bikes if you are fairly open about what to get next.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page