Another Newbie - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to KawiGirl67
Another Newbie

Hi all. I've been riding my Ninja 250 since 2000, and it was time for an upgrade. Just picked up a new-to-me 2013 300se yesterday. I'm in love with the racier look, a wheel size that I can buy more than one brand for YAY!!, and NO.MORE.CARBS! It's like night and day. Anyway, currently I'm in AZ working, but am headed home to PA within the next month...going to scour the forums for info on luggage racks and bags so I can try to get my stuff home without shipping...and maybe that Zero Gravity touring windscreen.
If anyone has some advice, tips, etc...I'd love to hear them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
Yes, the no carbs thing is an incredible thing.

Welcome to the forum!

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue For This Useful Post:
KawiGirl67 (02-12-2017)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:50 AM
Seasoned Vet

Welcome. How many miles did you put on the 250 over 17 years, and what year is it?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Now is not the time to leave Arizona. The riding season is here. I have to get in as much riding as I can before the heat wave begins.

MRA Windscreen,Yosh CF Slip-On,Fender Eliminator,Bar Ends,Rear Spools,Exhaust Hanger,Oil Filler Cap,CF Seat Accent,OEM Seat Cowl,ZX3-R Stickers,CF Air Box Covers,Removed Passenger Pegs,Pro-Tek Reservoir Covers,Driven Gas Cap,CF Chain/Hugger Guard,Battery Tender Pigtail,Tank Guard,Sportisi Exhaust Cowl,GPR V4 Stabilizer,Blaster X Tail Light,Bar Risers,JT 15T Sprocket, BKMOTO Projectors,RSV C5 Levers,Gear Indicator,Ohlin's Rear Shock,CF Headlight Cowl,SS Frame Plugs,CF Sprocket Cover,
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uglybastard View Post
Welcome. How many miles did you put on the 250 over 17 years, and what year is it?
It's an '00 and I think it's got around 80k on it (I'm not at home to check). Thanks for the welcome!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by travellingtenor View Post
Now is not the time to leave Arizona. The riding season is here. I have to get in as much riding as I can before the heat wave begins.
I know! I'm loving the weather, but I am only here to hire/train someone to do the job I'm filling in for. My family is in PA, and I miss home. Hopefully I can leave in the next two weeks...weather permitting. Not looking forward to the trip home solo.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiGirl67 View Post
I know! I'm loving the weather, but I am only here to hire/train someone to do the job I'm filling in for. My family is in PA, and I miss home. Hopefully I can leave in the next two weeks...weather permitting. Not looking forward to the trip home solo.
If you're coming through the Des Moines, IA area and need a stopping spot, feel free to PM me. We have an incredibly comfortable guest room and plenty of garage space.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:23 AM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiGirl67 View Post
It's an '00 and I think it's got around 80k on it (I'm not at home to check). Thanks for the welcome!
Wow, that's awesome. And it's been mostly problem free?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Seasoned Vet

If you take the southern route, I host adventure riders as well, so feel free to stop by if you're in New Orleans.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
If you're coming through the Des Moines, IA area and need a stopping spot, feel free to PM me. We have an incredibly comfortable guest room and plenty of garage space.
Quote:
If you take the southern route, I host adventure riders as well, so feel free to stop by if you're in New Orleans.
Wow! Thank you both so much for that incredibly generous offer! I am 'hoping' to do the I-10/20/30/40 route before hitting I-81...but will go the route with the best weather forecast. I will keep you both in mind, thank you!!

Quote:
Wow, that's awesome. And it's been mostly problem free?
I've never had engine issues other than her carbs (can't tell you how many times I've ripped them out and cleaned them, replaced float springs, cleaned jets...) maybe 6? It's a job. The only other issue I've had was the petcock and fuel line. I finally put in an inline fuel filter and that solved it. I bought the bike in CA, so I took off all the emissions junk about 10 years after I got her, and wow, did she run better! I plan to give this bike to my son as a reward for good grades. I've got a few years to get her into shape before he graduates. Biggest thing will be the tank (I was thinking I would pull it, clean it, and add some sort of liner coating to keep it from rusting), and then those carbs...might just get some new ones. I've got time to think about it! Open to ideas!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page