Finally started motorbike lessons :/ - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally started motorbike lessons :/

Hi guys,

Well... at last I got to start my motorbike lessons... only did two till now...45 min each. The first one since I never rode a motorbike in my life, consisted of riding a 125 scooter so I get used to balancing etc.. was not that hard since I used to ride bicycles... any way.. my instructor thought I did well and the second lesson he put me on a 125cc non-automatic..

I know my it was my first ride on a "manual" bike, however, what got me worrying is that I won't get used to it. Sometimes I revved for no reason when I pressed the clutch and brake to stop... or did not let the clutch go gently enough... I also unknowingly pressed the rear break without noticing given the fact it is placed right under my right foot... regarding gear changing it wasn't that bad but it was not good either... in a nutshell ... between braking and changing gears.. I did better on the latter (though not good enough) and to me it seemed i was disastrous when getting to break and using engine break on turns or to just slow down....

your opinions please? is this normal for a first time or I am simply not cut out to ride a bike?

Thanks in advance.

Soon to be owner of Ninja 300 SE 2015 ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Hi and welcome

It's normal for those who are not used to using all their extremies at once, in sync.

Practice practice practice.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Ebony (non abs)
Spiegler front SS brake line
Shogun frame sliders & slider spools
Reflector Delete

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8L ext cab
3" cat back exhaust & dynomax muffler
K&N drop-in air filter
200 amp Nations alternator
Upgraded 4L65e Transmission
Audio- Kicker, Pioneer, Performance Teknique, Kenwood
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Veteran

Garage
^^ he is correct. Practice practice practice.

14 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE
13 Hyundai Elantra GT
00 Honda Civic ex
74 Beetle

and 20 years old. #notsponseredbymommyanddaddy

For pics of all my stuff and then somem, check out my Instagram- paulpillado

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Seasoned Vet

again! practice!!!!!!! all the time! even after you have gotten use to it!
just take your time, you will get it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 03:31 PM

Garage
Sounds like you just need to stick with it. If you have only done 2 45min practices and are this far you are way ahead of where I was when I first started lol.

Cheers!

When your plan meets the real world, the real world wins...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Seasoned Vet

Certainly not unheard of, especially without having experience driving a manual transmission car before hand. Even after you get competent, just try out race school and you get to feel like an amateur all over again

All the gear, all the time!!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
It will become natural to you after a while. It takes lot's of practice. Keep the faith and stay at it and you will be fine.

MRA Windscreen,Yosh CF Slip-On,Fender Eliminator,Bar Ends,Rear Spools,Exhaust Hanger,Oil Filler Cap,CF Seat Accent,OEM Seat Cowl,ZX3-R Stickers,CF Air Box Covers,Removed Passenger Pegs,Pro-Tek Reservoir Covers,Driven Gas Cap,CF Chain/Hugger Guard,Battery Tender Pigtail,Tank Guard,Sportisi Exhaust Cowl,GPR V4 Stabilizer,Blaster X Tail Light,Bar Risers,JT 15T Sprocket, BKMOTO Projectors,RSV C5 Levers,Gear Indicator,Ohlin's Rear Shock,CF Headlight Cowl,SS Frame Plugs,CF Sprocket Cover,
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Veteran

Garage
QUIT. Leave the motorcycle to us manly men!

No just kidding. If it makes you feel any better i had the same problems - and to this day, i still do - i still use my rear brakes more often than i should, especially on turns but that is intentional. Your clutch dumping problem is a beginner's hurdle, you'll get used to it before you know it. Just practice, there is no other way, gotta put in those hours and get used to it. If you learned how to ride a bicycle, if you learned how to drive - then a motorcycle is the same process. Take comfort in the fact that you'll only get better as you invest more time in learning how to ride.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Seasoned Vet

another thing, don't forget to wear gear while you practice.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Veteran

Garage
A good tip I caught when I was taking my lessons.

(Throttle hand)..

Make sure your wrist is lower than your knuckles. It will feel weird to accelerate..
However, when you break you won't press down on the throttle because you'll have to move your wrist more so in an up-ward position to break.

(Works excellent for me)
spldbrt likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page