Backpack? - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Backpack?

Looking for good ways to take things for a 3day trip. Luggage options don't seem too good for Ninja300. Am thinking about a backpack. Would like to hear opinions from riders that use or have used a backpack. Am used to bigger bikes with better luggage options. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Seasoned Vet

One of the most unique things I saw was a guy who wore 2 backpacks...one on his back as normal and the other in front. I tried it once. It actually balances things out. the front one can be smaller (like a youth backpack) if you don't want it to rest on the gas tank. I never need more than 1, but I wear one all the time when I ride.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 08:06 AM
Veteran

Garage
Have you considered a gym bag/small duffel strapped to the rear seat and/or covered with a bungee net? The lower you can carry the weight, the less effect on stability and keeping the weight off your shoulders helps with fatigue.
I have ridden with several different sizes of backpack with no significant issues, but having the bike carry the load for you is a better option.

2012 Honda NC700SA
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Veteran

In regards to luggage options, I highly recommend Givi mount kit with an appropriate size Givi case. The case looks a bit odd on what otherwise looks like a sport bike, but I love it: it gives me just enough space for random situations like picking up groceries after work, small packages, etc, I can also store my helmet and gloves in there if I want to go to a restaurant or something. The whole set up is easy to take off, put back on, in case you want to go to a track day or something.
As for backpacks, for multi day trips I always used a 40L hiking backpack, as most backpack advertised for motorcycles are quite small. Osprey is my favorite brand, but there are plenty of others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ninja.jpg (212.9 KB, 25 views)

Bike: 2013 Ninja 300 (non-ABS). Two brothers slip on exhaust; 43 rear sprocket with DID chain; Woodcraft clip-ons; Area 22 rearsets; shorty levers; Corbin seat; Rear spools; Ebay fairings; TST Industries rear fender eliminator; K&N air filter.
Truck: 2011 Black Avalanche LTZ. Trail Ready Front bumper, 2.25" leveling kit by Ready Lift, Corsa Touring exhaust, K&N air intake, KMC XD Bully wheels in 285/70/17 Toyo ATs, full tune with AFM/DOD delete. Alpine X-009GM with front camera.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Seasoned Vet

Yes, that does look a bit odd, but the really cool exhaust makes up for it. When I take stuff with me, I need it...glasses, tablet, newspaper, etc. so with a backpack, you just get off the bike and walk in with everything you need. Being flexible, they are also capable of holding a lot more stuff than first appears. I carried an 18" tall potted plant home in one yesterday. The guy sold it to me even asked, "are you going to get that in the backpack?" Perfect fit.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:27 PM

Garage
Like the guys above have said, the backpack is the easiest option. I use a backpack to commute everyday, but if I am going on a trip that is going to eat up some miles, I would opt for a big waterproof camping bag with a bungie net on the tail section. Just my 2 cents
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenglebardt View Post
Looking for good ways to take things for a 3day trip. Luggage options don't seem too good for Ninja300. Am thinking about a backpack. Would like to hear opinions from riders that use or have used a backpack. Am used to bigger bikes with better luggage options. Thanks
I use my Astars Tech Aero backpack quite a bit and it has never caused fatigue.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...-aero-backpack

I can't use a bungee net on the passenger since I removed the underseat hooks when I did my FE kit and I can't hook anything to the passenger pegs because those came off so I could use the right side for mounting my aftermarket exhaust.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Seasoned Vet

As long as nothing gets against the exhaust or down in the wheel, or scratch your bike, it will work. You can do wonders with bungee cords without spending much money.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 05:00 PM
Site Sponsor

We have had really good feedback from our customers on the Kriega line of products. We did a review a while back on their backpacks and drypacks.

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Post Whore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersdiscount View Post
We have had really good feedback from our customers on the Kriega line of products. We did a review a while back on their backpacks and drypacks.
I picked up a Kriega R25 from Mike @ridersdiscount. Best backpack ever. Adjustable in so many ways and most importantly comfortable when filled.
The Following User Says Thank You to howlinhoss For This Useful Post:
ridersdiscount (09-14-2016)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page