Increase of spam-y posts / users this month? - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Increase of spam-y posts / users this month?

Hey guys, forgive me if I'm wrong here. There seems to be a sudden influx of new users as of late, that post very irrelevant looking replies, often with words that don't seem to make sense together. I don't know whether maybe they are real people, but I feel like they may be bots upping their post count.

I've also noticed that when you click their name and See other Posts by user, all of their posts in that list end with a certain URL, but it's not visible in their actual forum post, just their list of posts.

It could be just my imagination, but I thought I'd just give you a heads-up in case no one else has noticed.

Picture for reference:
KawiAndRolla likes this.

2013 Ebony Ninja 300 ABS
Progrip Tank Pad - Front Reflector Delete - TST Fender Eliminator - TST Integrated Tail Light - Rear Turn Indicator Delete - Akrapovic Titanium Slip-on - Plasti-dip OE windscreen - (Coming Soon: Black Probolt Fairing Kit)

Last edited by Nursewest; 03-27-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Veteran

Garage
I'm surprised no one posted that earlier, I've been noticing it as well. I'm sure a moderator can contact the admins so they can take care of it.

Hepefully this isn't too irrelevant of a post
KawiAndRolla likes this.

- If you ride like there's no tomorrow...there won't be...

- No one dies a virgin...Life fucks us all...
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,355 Posts
Garage
Yeah I've noticed it too. We're always on the hunt for shared IPs and I've been booting a lot of spammers lately. Thanks for the post!
KennethJohnson likes this.

Spacep0d's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
Austin Racing V3 Titanium exhaust (baffled), professionally-shaved seat, T-Rex sliders, Pazzo shorty levers, Tech Spec tank grips, tail tidy, Watsen marker lights. Only 23 lbs. heavier than the 300!

Get your ZX-3R decals
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spacep0d For This Useful Post:
KennethJohnson (03-06-2016)

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Great,,, I am glad I understand now, I thought I was being stalked by spammers from some god-forsaken country with links to sites selling strange pills.

I will just ignore these if I see them in my thread again.

Find something that works, make it better, break it, fix it, repeat.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Veteran

Garage
Yea, at first glance, I thought they were just posts from people who didn't quite speak english. But yea, def seems a little odd. A couple of the user ID's had similiar structures to them too and the same join date.

Proud Owner of a 2013 Ninja 300
Mods: Yoshimura Full Exhaust, PCV, K&N Air Filter, Yoshimura swingarm spools, Yoshimura fender delete, Oggy Knobs Frame Sliders

Cage - 2008 Honda Civic

"What's the difference between a pickpocket and a peeping tom? A picpocket snatches watches, a peeping tom watches sna..."
-Redd Foxx
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Seasoned Vet

This is getting worse.

I would like to offer a tip to administration on a registration method that really limits spam bots.

First off, human verification with "captcha" style graphics does not work. I have some friends who run a popular motorcycle site and spam bots have been thwarted by asking a question at registration that requires thinking and background knowledge. The question is "who makes the Panigali?" The field requires a correct answer to continue. It worked. There are plenty of questions that could be asked that only this demographic is going to know. Just an idea.
UAV likes this.

Ninja 300 - CCS Ultralight Thunderbike Racing
[
] [
] [action shots

]
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Seasoned Vet

I report these junk posts with hidden image links, but nothing ever seems to happen here (no ban / clean-up). These spammers are all over the PC forums, and they are insta-nuked every time.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Seasoned Vet

Just to pop in hare and confirm since my last post that nothing has been done about this.

How about some automatic cleanup when a poster meets several conditions unique to spambots.
cadd likes this.

Ninja 300 - CCS Ultralight Thunderbike Racing
[
] [
] [action shots

]

Last edited by Zaph; 03-06-2016 at 05:22 PM.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum Admin

Garage
Hey guys,

Basically what is happening is that the spammers are getting smarter on the site. They post links after the minimum post required and there is really nothing we can do about it but manually remove them and ban the member. If you see a spam post let us know so we can work on each case as it comes along on the site. Post a link here and we shall tackle that spam.

My apologies for this.

Thank you so much

~ Glenda

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Veteran

Garage
@Administrator

Might want to check out member ellen87. Posted twice today that doesn't really make any sense.

Should I have put this reply somewhere else?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page