Site is using plain text. - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Exclamation Site is using plain text.

hi just wanted to report that the forum is not properlly secured (ie not using ssl to encrypt communication between forum and client viewing) this is extremely unsecured because passwords and such are sent in the clear and can be read by anybody in between this includes man in the middle attacks and other unsavory things. also makes the site prone to spam , hacking and other things.

please enable SSL and redirect users to the ssl site from http unencrypted page. if you are concerned with how to obtain a certificate you can "selfsign" one easaly and its much much better than just clear text.

its better to take it slow and succeed than to rush and fail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:12 PM
Your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum Admin

Garage
Hey,

Since everything you type here is view-able to all, this has never been a thing it made sense to protect against. As long as users aren't typing their password into a thread in plain text, or their bank info, this doesn't affect them.

That being said, we are going to be upgrading all of our network over the coming months to HTTPS to make our pages secure.

Niall

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Seasoned Vet

Yes the forum is viewable by all (well most of the forum ...), but the powers that be won't know that a particular post is from a person's particular connection. There is a general push (I think courtesy of Google and Mozilla) to use https for everything, as basically everyone that can snoop is snooping these days, gotta get that advertising and html injection on target ...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:52 PM
Veteran

Translated from another website:
"How profoundly creepy.
Today I was at a place.
I was also at a time at this place.
At this time there was an event at this place, a regular. A public. An event is actually said too much. Because people do something, and you go and look, maybe spend some money, or leave it. No entry fee or so. Open to everyone.
This event I've visited. Just to take a look. I just walked around there. Nobody did know me, nobody knows who I am.
That's how I thought it would be.
But I had my phone in my pocket. And had only searched the road before with guugle maps. Not the event. It is a long road. And I had parked several hundred meters away. The event I never mentioned to my cell phone.
Now guugle maps asked me on my cell phone, how did I enjoy this event and if I could give it a rating.
The other day I had used in a car without an own navigation system guugle maps to find the way. When I got there, I'd park the car in a parking lot and got out. Guugle maps asked me if we want to remember together about the place where the car is, so that we (i.e., guugle maps, and I) will find it again.
Big Brother is ahead of you!"
Nothing will ever protect against the big spying and this must be said especially when smartphones are used.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Seasoned Vet

yeah Google Maps added another creepy questionnaire setting that requires turning off recently, both me and my brother got it at a pizza place yesterday. There is no "turn off all", you keep having to turn them off one by one as they remove and add. Just like spamming companies with "categories" that they add every 6 months and default you into, it's a scummy tactic. Turn off GPS while not using Google Maps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page