Was It Just Me... - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Was It Just Me...

...Or did others lose their accounts to the forum? While probably something done for hack prevention, it would have been nice for the administrators to let us know they were going to kill out accounts.

Also, I sent a message to "the administrators", asking what happened, and got no response. Not cool. Always respond to your users, folks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoinks007 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
I haven't heard of anyone losing their account. Recently we had a forced password change, but I don't think anyone lost an account because of that. PM me your prior username and I'll have it looked into.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 06:46 PM

This happen to me too. Site does not recognize my password or my email when I try to retrieve my password. This started on Saturday and no resolution yet.

Cheers,

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I haven't heard of anyone losing their account. Recently we had a forced password change, but I don't think anyone lost an account because of that. PM me your prior username and I'll have it looked into.

Uh, huh...well, I did, but not only me. You can score my friend KawasakiMan as well as oneo97 as well. So there was a security rollback. My old posts are still here, which tells me there wasn't a site-wide rollback. I joined after that forced password change, by the way, as did KawasakiMan, so this is something different.

It was messed up, though. This *IS* my old username. The security subsystem totally forgot anything having to do with my account, and apparently some number of other people. If this was a hack, hopefully someone is looking into it. If it wasn't a hack, notice would have been appreciated.

I do thank you for your post, however. You're the first to offer a hand, and I greatly appreciate it. In my case, I have my old username back. No prior stats, but the username was allowed upon re-registration.

-Kenn

2016 Kawi Ninja 300
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum Admin

Garage
So this sounds like two separate issues. Sometimes the user data tables fall out of sync and accounts go into limbo, that you're posts still exist is a sign of that. Additionally this can result in the password issues however it's also possible that the system has a different email on file for your accounts. @Zoinks007 can you still see your other posts on the site?

Kyle

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 01:26 PM

Happened to me as well. I was able to re-register under my original name and email address as of today.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 06:28 PM

I was unable to use my original user name.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Happened to me as well. I was able to re-register under my original name and email address as of today.
As Kyle posted above, have you been able to see or find any of your old posts? Can you link them here so that we can investigate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeno97 View Post
I was unable to use my original user name.
Can you PM us your original username, and we will investigate the issue.

Thanks,
- JB

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:45 PM

Garage
Happened to me too. I signed up two weeks ago and promptly got locked out. I checked back today, saw this thread, and decided to just re-register. It worked. I was able to use my original user name.

Thanks for bringing this up Zoinks.

2014 Ninja 300 - Bridgestone, Woodcraft, Yoshimura, TST, Sato Racing, Speedmetal, Hotbodies, Motul, Scorpio, and Arai.

Motorcycling since 1980
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
So this sounds like two separate issues. Sometimes the user data tables fall out of sync and accounts go into limbo, that you're posts still exist is a sign of that. Additionally this can result in the password issues however it's also possible that the system has a different email on file for your accounts. @Zoinks007 can you still see your other posts on the site?

Kyle

I can see my other posts, yes. They still exist. Moreover, I made a post a day or two before this happened, so the account was recently active.

It is not possible that I had or used another email account. And as evidence of this I offer the strange thought that I was able to re-register with my old username. Had my original registration existed, regardless of email address, I would never have been allowed to select a duplicate username. Since I was able to select my former username, my (login/security) account/record was deleted from the system entirely.

I write web software for a living, and I'm pretty good at it. How a user record "falls out of sync" is something I'm not quite understanding from a technical perspective. I'll grant the code wienies might tell you that, but the underlying problem is likely something I'd be more inclined to buy into. Any security subsystem that does this clearly has flaws if it were some sort of "sync" issue. Regardless, it happened, reason why notwithstanding. I'm back in, but this site had a significant event and many new users are left out there hanging. Just sayin'.

-Kenn

2016 Kawi Ninja 300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page