Unable to upload image to garage - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raven Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Unable to upload image to garage

I just tried to add an image to my garage, which it says needs to be under 16 MB. The image is 2.2 MB, and it says to pick a smaller image. What are the actual restrictions on image upload size?

RTFM is Known to the State of California to Cause Cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum Admin

Garage
Hey there

The 16MB is correct, though the system can sometimes choke on the resizing larger files. 2.2MB sounds like you are uploading directly from your phone - these images are generally huge at somewhere in the neighbourhood of 4600x2300. Try resizing it before uploading it.

Also, file types would cause issues. Can you confirm that you are trying to upload the correct format - GIF, JPG, PNG?

Dayle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It's a jpeg. If there is a dimensions requirement, it'd be useful for those to be posted...do you happen to know what those are?

I may very well may not be uploading a pic of this bike as I'm no longer sure I'll be keeping it, but it'll be useful to know for later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hunter View Post
It's a jpeg. If there is a dimensions requirement, it'd be useful for those to be posted...do you happen to know what those are?

I may very well may not be uploading a pic of this bike as I'm no longer sure I'll be keeping it, but it'll be useful to know for later.

For the garage, the maximum it can be resized to is 600 pixels wide. Larger images should resize it down to within that setting.

However, if the image is too large, it wont allow the system to resize it. What are the dimensions of the image you are trying to upload?

Can you try and resize it to around 600 wide to see if it will allow it to post?

Thanks,
- JB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That won't be a problem, as long as I know the sizes, I'm fine resizing them myself (it means I'm sure of what it'll look like in the end, so it's actually my preference).

Once I decide if I'm keeping it (currently leaning towards "yes"), I'll try again, so should be soon.

Administrator likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page