Frustrated with log-out - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Angry Frustrated with log-out

I am getting really frustrated by how this forum is always logging me out. I log in and bookmark the page and then every time I go back to this forum - I'm logged out. How can I get this to work like all other forums? Also, none of my settings is retained between sessions, such as collapsed forum. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,355 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
I am getting really frustrated by how this forum is always logging me out. I log in and bookmark the page and then every time I go back to this forum - I'm logged out. How can I get this to work like all other forums? Also, none of my settings is retained between sessions, such as collapsed forum. Thanks.
I've noticed that on my mobile device (classic view) it does the same to me. Wouldn't mind a fix here. Desktop works fine.

Spacep0d's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
Austin Racing V3 Titanium exhaust (baffled), professionally-shaved seat, T-Rex sliders, Pazzo shorty levers, Tech Spec tank grips, tail tidy, Watsen marker lights. Only 23 lbs. heavier than the 300!

Get your ZX-3R decals
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Spacep0d; 04-28-2016 at 07:18 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 02:20 AM

Garage
O.o how weird, it seems fine on my end, both PC and phone. Maybe its something to do with that check box that says "Remember Me"? Im not sure if that's what i did though.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 03:37 AM

Sounds like a cookie issue to me...

What browser are you using?
Check your cookie settings.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Ah ... I did not think of cookies. I've got safari 9.1 but have cookies set for "allow from website I visit". I've always checked the "remember me" box, but like too many women - I'm forgotten the next time I come over.

I'm going to try bookmarking the general forum and see if that works, rather than the top level. I thought there was perhaps some setting somewhere in our preferences that I didn't know about since other sites work as expected with the same laptop. I'll try my Slackware PC with firefox to see if it is any different.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Now I'm being logged out, or more properly timed out even when I'm browsing the forums. I go through, find interesting forums and open them up in tabs. After some time ... I have to log back in to make any comments in those tabs, even though I was logged in when I opened them. Bummer.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum Admin

Garage
Hey there,

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies, resetting your browser and trying again?
By chance do you have any plugins/addons in your FF browser?

Richard.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
I've cleared my cache and no addons ... sometimes I run one that prevents flash from autoplay but I disabled that to test things. Have not done a full reset .. yet.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum Admin

Garage
Let us know if any of that worked for you. It seems like to me that your browser is having a hard time keeping memory of the cookies for this site. Just as a test, can you set your cache and cookies to always remember, not just for this site but for everything, and see if that helps it keep memory?

~Sheena

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
everything seems to be working as should be now. I'm not sure what did it ... but I'll take it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page