Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Your OTD Price?

520K views 2K replies 718 participants last post by  Markleyj32 
#1 ·
Always a big questions. Whats your OTD price?

I paid $5800 even OTD (10% tax, DOL fees plus whatever mark up the dealer had). Dealer was asking $6100 OTD. Not the best but I had had my reasons why I was willing to pay over MSRP rather than wait it out.

My dealer said our state was the first in the country to get them and there were only 3 in the state, 2 were still available after I bought mine. So I am guessing I was the first to own one in the USA.

#732 ·
Just looked at the Ninja 300's again today at a dealership in Harrodsburg with my friend Ryan who is also interested in getting one. Haven't asked for a quote or anything yet because I'm still trying to get a job. Actually having better luck with it though because I have found something. Anyways, when I do get a 300 I want the non-abs version.

#4 ·
Just returned from dealer

First 300 just showed up in Augusta. Got the call three hours ago as they were taking it off the truck, already back home with the keys :).

Anyhow, of course it's white non-ABS - paid 5987.98 OTD with all new gear included (helmet, jacket, mil spec vest, gloves). gear was worth a little over 600 so you can do the math on what I would have paid for the bike alone.

#81 ·
First 300 just showed up in Augusta. Got the call three hours ago as they were taking it off the truck, already back home with the keys :).

Anyhow, of course it's white non-ABS - paid 5987.98 OTD with all new gear included (helmet, jacket, mil spec vest, gloves). gear was worth a little over 600 so you can do the math on what I would have paid for the bike alone.
Did you get it from street and trail in Even's? If so you ******* I wanted that one. :D

#161 ·
Best dealer?

What are the better dealers in queens brooklyn or long island?

Wouldn't the end of dec be the best time to get lowest price.

If the bike is $4800 and tax is $420 and registration is $89.50 shouldn't the otd price be $5300?

nobody should pay dealer prep fees and during off season shouldn't they charge under msrp?

#11 ·
My son is buying a new 300 Ninja, so I've been shopping all over the mid-west to help him find the best deal. At this point almost every dealer has at least one white one in stock.

The closest local dealer wants MSRP, $4799 + $390 in various fees. So OTD at $5189. Our tax is paid at the time of registration. That seems to be the standard deal at most dealers around here, + or - the amount of their fees.

I found a small town dealer that would sell me one at MSRP or a little less (he's checking on it) + only a $59 fee. $4858 OTD.

Next, I heard about the Costco Kawasaki deal. Costco is kind of the wife deal, I didn't even know they had deals on cars and motorcycles until she told me. I registered on line and found out the same big local dealer is the "Costco Dealership" in my area. I called and they tell me they won't sell a new 300 Ninja on this plan. Okay, I called Costco and they hooked me up with a dealer 150 miles away. According to Costco you need to go into the dealership to get their price, but this dealer quoted me $4849 OTD over the phone. So that's $50 over MSRP, $9 better than the small town dealer. But after the dealer fills out the Costco paperwork you get a $250 Costco gift card from Costco. Not to bad, I can use a $250 gift card the wife shops there all the time. So were at $4599 total + a 300 mile round trip to pick it up.

I'm still working with some other dealers, but I think $4599 (+ tax) is going to be the best deal out there. You also get 20% off any accessories at the time of purchase.

AS a side note, $4599 is $200 less that the local dealer wants for a new 2012 250r sitting next to the 300 Ninja on the showroom floor.

#15 ·
Because I'd be buying it out of state those prices don't include taxes, title and registration. In KS where we live it's about 8% tax and other fees are low, so when it all shakes out I hope to be just a little over 5K.

I hope they don't try to switch things on us after a 150mi drive. If they do, I'd walk.

#16 ·
Here in WA if you try to cheat the system and buy out of state to avoid the sales tax the state is smart enough to know what you're trying to pull.. So they charge you a "use tax" when you go to license it.. which ends up costing you more than if you just bought it within the state to begin with. Just something you better look into before doing so.

#17 ·
Wow Baja, I may have to look into my Costco as a possible option as well. My wife and I buy groceries and things all the time from Costco. If they could get us a good deal with the paper work, and it was too hard to pass up in comparison to other local dealers, I would definitely go that route.

#20 ·
No problem, I just didn't want anyone to think I was trying to do something illegal.

Just curious, in your state if you buy something out of state, then register it do they charge you more tax (use tax) than if you bought the same thing in state? That wouldn't seem fair.

Living on the border of two states we buy things out of state all the time. Dealers in your state collect tax, dealers out of state don't. Then you pay the tax at the time you register and get your plates. A couple of years ago I bought a 4-wheeler in MN. They insisted I pay tax in their state. I was worried I'd get taxed twice, but when I registered it and showed the DMV the MN paid tax form they didn't charge me tax. Very fair and the way it should be IMO.

#21 ·
The only time I have noticed the "use tax" in my state was with a registered on road vehicle. Our neighboring state Oregon does not have tax and yes I to occasionally drive down there for big ticket items.. I don't know if it is illegal, it could be, but then I have never been questioned that before.

I actually just looked it up for the first time and its only a 0.3% higher than sales tax so really thats not much at all... I dont see what all the fuss is about, yes its higher but not drastically higher.. 0.3% on $5000 is only $15!!!

Unless I am missing something the "use tax" is nothing to be concerned about haha, at least in my state..

#25 ·
I'm thinking about it. The bike is amazing and it's the only one in vegas right now. I did just get a quote from a competing dealer for $6200 so maybe ill have some leverage when I go in next time. I was thinking maybe they could throw in this $500 helmet I found for free too. It might be a stretch tho.

#32 ·
If your credit score is above 770 then you can qualify for Kawi 6.95% for up to 5 years.. What is really good from what I found.. Or I think the fiance lady said 0% for 6 months.

I signed up for 5 years at 6.95% only because I dont like to take on huge payments. I will probably have it paid off within 6 months but I like to be safe as I never know what will happen job wise..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.