Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

KPP, phone mount and lights for '16

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  LaxDfns15 
#1 ·
Hello.
I've finally pulled the trigger for burnt orange ABS '16 :)
But I'm still thinking if I should get KPP (kawasaki extended warranty) as sales rep told me to skip it and manager told me how good is to have it ))
Has anyone actually repaired anything under that program outside of the first year ?
I don't think that I am going to change this bike for another 2-3 years as insurance rates are ridiculously high in Ontario,
so even if I take it, by the time I decide to sell the bike, this warranty will expire.

My next question about phone mount, I found couple threads here and rokform kits caught my eye,
I'm just not sure if they'll fit and which model should i use : Motorcycle Fork Clamp Mount Kit (50mm)/Fork Clamp Mount Kit (53mm) or Handlebar Mount Kit.

Last one - I'm gonna drive a lot at night, and I want to make myself more visible/noticeable , what are the best non invasive light upgrades I can get without any hard DIY stuff (I know how to use tools, but I'm not that good) ?

Thanks !

See less See more
#3 ·
Only warranty issue I've had was a weak weld letting go around the gear change lever (IIRC), covered under warranty but I'm sure it would have a) been covered because of unsatisfactory workmanship (here in NZ atleast) and b) at worst, been very cheap to fix if paid for (simple 1/2" weld).

#4 ·
Like all extended warranties, your simply betting against the house. Will you most likely need it? Absolutely not. It also depends on if your the type of person that makes use of warranties to begin with. But of course, that doesn't mean that you might not loose the bet on something major. The summary is skip it, but be aware that shit can happen.

About the phone mount, consider the steering stem bolt mount. I think its alot nicer and better integrated that way.

About the lights, forget about it. Nothing you can do. If you ever get around to removing all the fairings, install brighter city lights (T10 - 20$) and if anything adjust the headlight if needed, but anything else is a huge hassle. I had HID's and removed them for being such a huge pain in the ass. Maybe the best tip is to use a clear helmet visor. You'd be surprised at the number of people that would be happy to argue that tinted visors are fine for night riding.

#5 ·
Put LED headlights in mine as soon as I got it. Got the same ones I put in my other vehicles. I had to take the housing completely off the bike because it's just a pain trying to work with it still on the bike. It doesn't take a lot of effort to remove the housing, just have to remove the fairings, wind screen, some bolts, and some plugs.

Went from ~1300 lumen halogen bulb to ~3000 lumen LED bulb. I like the bright white light, it's more noticeable to cars, and it shines off reflective things better.

#6 ·
Put LED headlights in mine as soon as I got it.
Do LED headlights work well without projectors? I would be more curious about them if they fixed the mono-headlight look of the Ninja 300 without loosing the highbeam, but maybe its worth it for better light and 6000k temperature. I'm gonna take a look at that.

#7 ·
Yes, HID's are the only ones that should always be used projectors. LED's are a great in-between from halogen to HID's. You can use them in reflector or projector housings just like halogens. The beam pattern is very slightly different and they scatter a little more than halogens when in a reflector housing, but overall I prefer them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.