Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Ninja 300 TOP SPEED!

227K views 394 replies 215 participants last post by  cadd 
#1 ·
Yes you heard right. I know its dangerous to go fast on public roads but what is the fastest anyone has taken their 300? ;) ON a closed course in Mexico of course.

#69 ·
Got mine at 115 one EARLY morning no one on the highway really. and just got on it and before I could notice I was at 100 then I just let it go on up. had to let off my exit came in a hurry but I think it could of gone to maybe 120 but I think that would have been it not to say I only weigh125 so its like as if im not even there lol but it did feel a little shacky once I hit 105 like as if I didnt weight enough to keep it down or stable but still was good to try it out just in case one day I need to get out of a bad situation like a idiot driver

matt

#76 ·
I got 112MPH yesterday. Impressed the supersports that I was with since I was able to keep up with them (even though they were easily leaving me in the dust while they went 160+). Glad that the 300 even makes the big bikers go "wow."

#80 ·
With my Gixxer 1000 in the shop getting new tires and the 7500 service, I took the Ninja 300 out to ride the Devil's Backbone, a local series of 13 fairly tight corners ideal for wringing out sport bikes. I ride this once a week or more on my Gixxer so I have that firmly in mind. If anything, I took the corners faster on the Ninja. It is so much easier coming out of one curve and setting up for the other one. It's coming out of the turn and accelerating into even a short straightaway that the Gixxer would smoke the Ninja, but in the turns themselves, the Ninja 300 felt as fast or perhaps a little faster.

I routinely wring out the Gixxer too on one short stretch of road where I can check for wildlife, cops, cars, etc. between 2 curves. Normally, I get to 142 mph on the Gixxer before needing to slow down for the next curve. The best I could do in this area on the Ninja was 96 today, so there is no comparison for acceleration, but for the curves themselves, the Ninja is every bit as fun and very fast and stable.

#90 ·
Those last couple of mph are hard to get of the little bike. As fast as I've been on mine is and indicated 96 mph before I needed to slow down. More importantly, it goes to 90 mph fairly fast and you can hang out in the passing lane of most interstates at an indicated 85 mph along with the faster cars all day long and the bike does not seem to be working too hard at that speed. If there is a better interstate commuter, given the highway capability and the relativey low purchase price and mpg, I don't know what it would be.

#92 ·
I've done 150kph/90+mph and its got quite a bit more left over but I chickened out.I'm not ready for anything more than that yet.I saw a dyno run read 197kph and I think there was a utube video of 190kph.one of the bike magazines I read said it could do abt 190kph

#94 ·
i dont care what its top speed is, so long as i can do the speed limit on the highway comfortably and it doesn't suck fuel like its goin out of fashion, then that's all that matters

#100 ·
i hit 112mph every now and then when i'm on a very very very very long straight on the highway and nobodies around. i have to be fully tucked. my neck starts to hurt from craning my neck up to see =P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.