Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Ninja 300 TOP SPEED!

227K views 394 replies 215 participants last post by  cadd 
#1 ·
Yes you heard right. I know its dangerous to go fast on public roads but what is the fastest anyone has taken their 300? ;) ON a closed course in Mexico of course.

#343 ·
EZ hvac!

#346 ·
I know I just wanted to try to get above 100.
yes I have been riding two weeks only this was first time on the 15 freeway so I just got throttle happy
I plan on being more cautious and stay in the 75-85 mph mostly
If your in socal and see a 13 black ninja on the 15 it might just be me

#350 ·
When I had it bone stock I hit 109 at ButtonWillow Raceway in So-Cal. A couple weekends ago I managed to get it up to 116 at Willow Springs International Raceway AKA Big Willow, when I had my Hotbodies fairings on and my Yoshimura Race Series Full Exhaust on. I'm 5,6" 145lb without my gear.

#355 ·
had to go get a store transfer the other day.... they told me they needed it in 30 minutes..... so i went up to 114mph on the freeway to get there and back on time >.@ this is with a speedohealer and my sprocket setup of 15t 41t

#356 · (Edited)
I'm 5'11" 125. All stock bike, I can hit 116 with a good tailwind and fully behind the windscreen. :emot-pray:
Update: Full tuck with a nice tailwind hit 118 on the spedo.

#359 ·
Guys.... not to spoil it.... but....
Rider makes a difference...
Bike makes a difference...
Gears make a difference...
Mods make a difference...
with only a 5mph difference in top speeds.... hell clothes make a difference....
oh..and weather humidity/temp/wind.....
There is this straight stretch of road I know.....flat....cotton fields....hmmm I have a gps.....

#361 ·
Be careful with those upper speeds. Past about 90 mph and your brakes will be greatly reduced in efficiency. Due to the caliper surface area vs rotor area, the brakes are ridiculously inefficient and wont slow you down nearly as well as it can sub 80 mph. You'll notice that it'll take a lot more force on the brake lever to get close to the rate of deceleration that you had at lower speeds. There's a reason why bikes that go much faster (or weigh a hell of a lot more,) have more rotors with larger sets of calipers. As speed goes up, a lot more energy needs to be dumped into heat and the setup on the little Ninja gets overwhelmed pretty quickly. It does well for it's limited design, but it's not designed to really slow you down in a hurry at the very peak of it's ability.

#366 ·
Good stuff FreelancerMG...I know and you know this is a thread about top speed but you make a good point that folks on these bikes should be aware of. The brakes on these bikes leave a lot to be desired and you really don't want to be finding that out at 100 plus...

#367 ·
full tuck, windy day(blowing with me) registered 119 mph on pedo, and i was roughly 215lb-ish at the time, on a regular day i could only get to about 113 not sure how I pulled the extra 6mph lol

#371 ·
165 lbs and gear and I hit 111 MPH today, might have been able to squeeze a few more out but I had to turn >:)

#372 ·
Topped out at 196 km/h (that's 121.8 mph) a few weeks after I got her. That was with a total weight of myself including my gear to be around 175lbs. It was a long stretch of tarmac, with maybe a 3-6 degree downhill slope. I tried again a few days later and topped out at 172 km/h (that's 106.9 mph) on the same road, then remembered I was wearing a backpack. I think the aerodynamics of the bulky (text book filled) backpack made a large difference in top speed since other factors were held constant (i.e. riding position, riding gear, same road etc).

...All this providing my stock speedometer is accurate, as I didn't use a GPS to measure speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.