Review: TST Industries Integrated Tail light and their Fender Eliminator Kit - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Review: TST Industries Integrated Tail light and their Fender Eliminator Kit

I have seen many posts about TST's products regarding many many questions as to if it is worth the $120 to get rid of your fender.

Note; This is my personal opinion, what you decide is your choice, I am someone who appreciates quality

Shipping

In my experience they shipped to me in 2 days. I ordered the product on Thursday and immediately it had shipped out. I received the product on Saturday expecting to see it Sunday.. So yes, they have fast shipping.

The Product

I ordered the Clear Integrated Tail light (I did this so I would not feel obligated to smoke my front turn signals, I have spent over $500 in mods so I want to save money where I can.) I also ordered the Fender Eliminator as well as the LED Flash relay (This allows the turn signals to blink as the OEM Flash Relay will only show the turn signal since the TST Tail light is LED). I was very impressed with the product and the packaging, you can tell that it is a quality item.

Install

If you know your bike, then the install is very very easy. TST has a video with a total step by step process. The hardest part for me was the wiring the LED for my license plate to the old stock one. All of the rest is literally just a plug and play. My only disappointment was that the bracket they give you for the license plate is basically strait up and down.. I prefer to have mine at a 45 degree angle because i like the look of that better.

Results

I am very satisfied with the results, the ease of installing it, the look, it just ties the whole bike together. It looks great.

What should you do?

If you are debating between the $30 integrated tail light and the TST one, then go with the TST. Sure its $90 more than the generic.. but I have heard of the generic ones shorting out or not even shining up.. I would not want to ride down the road and my turn signal/brake light not work then get rear ended.. If money is really that tight then stick with your stock fender, you at least know it is reliable.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dkaise4 For This Useful Post:
KrisisOD (04-19-2015), TSTagent (04-20-2015), Tyler Durden (05-23-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 02:55 PM

Garage
I was just wondering about this set up, so great timing!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisisOD View Post
I was just wondering about this set up, so great timing!
Good to hear! Would you like pictures of how mine turned out?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 11:47 PM

Garage
Sure, pictures always help.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 06:12 AM

Just installed my TST Rear Fender eliminator and tail light as well-and ordered the 2 prong flasher, as was going to do the resistors but didnt like/want to mangle the stock wiring.

Looks darn good if i may so so!

2013 Kawi ZX636 -His
M4GP Slip On, Core Moto SS Brake Lines, Double Bubble windscreen, TST Eliminator, Motodynamic LED turn/brake light Dunlop Q3's
2014 Kawi Ninja 300 Black - Hers
Shorty Levers, GI Gear Indicator, TST Rear end, Pirelli DR2's
The Following User Says Thank You to derek1387 For This Useful Post:
TSTagent (04-20-2015)
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Here are my results from a side view

The Following User Says Thank You to dkaise4 For This Useful Post:
TSTagent (04-20-2015)
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 AM

Looks great and I'm super glad the videos helped and the installation was a breeze! Any suggestions or recommendations on making anything better or more useful?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Design Without Bounds
Like us, follow us, and share our products on
Your favorite Social Media Sites!!!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 11:04 AM

Make the LP Bracket angled a bit out towards the rear instead of straight up and down.
Would also be cool if you could do some sort of factory wiring with the resistors instead of splicing in connections

2013 Kawi ZX636 -His
M4GP Slip On, Core Moto SS Brake Lines, Double Bubble windscreen, TST Eliminator, Motodynamic LED turn/brake light Dunlop Q3's
2014 Kawi Ninja 300 Black - Hers
Shorty Levers, GI Gear Indicator, TST Rear end, Pirelli DR2's
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 01:34 PM

We are taking the angled approach with ease as we are trying to perfect it and prevent customers form getting pulled over for visibility issues. As for the resistors we do not wire them in by default for the simple fact of our relay being plug and play. Both items should not be installed, only one or the other. Being that the resistors not only correct our tail light but your entire signaling circuit it is an item we are trying to get more customers to purchase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Design Without Bounds
Like us, follow us, and share our products on
Your favorite Social Media Sites!!!
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 03:09 PM

Can u tell me what exactly is the "+plate bracket and plate light" in the package pricing section mean ?? does it mean their is no need to buy the fender eliminator ?? thankx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page