Review: TST Industries Integrated Tail light and their Fender Eliminator Kit - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 12:07 AM

is there an option that you can set so that it blinks 3 times very fast before it lights up steady each time you hit the brakes and also is there a way to use both the integrated blinkers and the oem blinkers at the same time i prefer using both because i want more visibility for safety
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
is there an option that you can set so that it blinks 3 times very fast before it lights up steady each time you hit the brakes and also is there a way to use both the integrated blinkers and the oem blinkers at the same time i prefer using both because i want more visibility for safety
You can only use one. You pull the oem switch and install the TST one. You can set the speed of the TST flashers but I'd imagine you'd need an entirely new designed set of resistors for what you want to do with the braking

2014 Ebony ABS Ninja 300

Leo Vince Full Exhaust, Area-P Micro Tuner, K&N Filter, Snorkel Delete, No-cut Aussie Frame Sliders, TST Fender Eliminator & Smoked Taillight.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 02:53 PM

Garage
Just ordered the fender eliminator and smoked integrated taillight and should get it thursday. Pumped to install it!

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 01:00 PM

Garage
I also have the integrated led tail light and am pretty happy with it. I decided to just go with the resister route sense I am an electrician and splicing a few wires the right way and heat shrinking is really nothing major. I also have the fender eliminator kit, stealth licences plate light and under fender close out.

The only issue i have with these TST parts that are supposedly compatible with each other, is they gave really no forethought to the under fender closeout plate. The holes for the closeout plate are countersunk, and the license plate bracket would bolt on top of those holes. It would have been a better setup if they would have provided adapters for a tighter fit to the bracket.

Last edited by NinjaZ06; 04-28-2016 at 01:33 PM.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 11:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
Nice... I might get one for my birthday. Are they DOT approved? CA is ridiculous with laws and regulations. I like the straight up and down license plate, I'm not looking to get pulled over all the time by CHP.
I realize this is an older thread but I don't think the question of legality in Cali was addressed...

On my 2014 Ninja 300 I have the TST Integrated Programmable Tail Light, Smoked Lens, with the Close Out, Relay, Fender Eliminator, and Stealth License Plate Light. The set up was easy to install, works perfect, and looks great. I was wondering about the legality of this rig myself.

There was a CHP motorcycle officer parked at the Rock Store on Mulholland Highway a week ago. Bunch of folks and riders hanging out, I guess he was doing a little PR work. Actually, there was also about six more of them on the roads in the area, they had a very heavy presence that day. I asked the CHP officer if my integrated tail light was legal. Short answer was "no". He told me they require 9" between the blinkers to be legal. I asked him what he thought about the Strobe feature in the Programmable Brake Light? He told me he doesn't like them. Another rider started laughing at me, and told me that now I need to change out that light. The CHP guy chimed in and told me to just leave it. He said "If I pull you over for a moving violation, and your cool and not a jerk, I have the option to just write you a fix it ticket". Sounds good to me.

Another comment on this rig- the Stealth License Plate is super bright. When I'm parked at night, this thing really lights up the area behind my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 050.jpg (242.1 KB, 18 views)

2014 Ninja 300 - Bridgestone, Woodcraft, Yoshimura, TST, Sato Racing, Speedmetal, Hotbodies, Motul, Scorpio, and Arai.

Motorcycling since 1980
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 02:05 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Who cares what he thinks. I've been pulled over multiple times. No ticket for my exhaust or taillight

Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | BraKing | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | Incipio/Incase | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Outlaw Racing/Pit Posse Motorsports | Shorai Inc. | SPY+ | VIRUS | Vortex | Woodcraft
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 03:34 AM

Garage
TST programmable tail light

Has anyone used the TST industries Integrated Tail light but the PROGRAMMABLE one.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Post Whore

Garage
I have one and I love it. I first got their original integrated tail light years back then recently upgraded to the new programmable one. Highly recommended.
Gawernator likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page