Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Sunday Drive

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JJ Spectre 
#1 ·
I was out for a short run with a friend today, trying to get the most out of what might be the last really good weekend of the season. It was a round-trip of about 185 kms (just over 100 miles) from Ottawa to Smith's Falls through Richmond and back through Manotick. It was a cool morning, with some gusting winds (around 30 kms), and ended up being about 25C by the end of the drive at lunch.

My buddy drives a BMW K1200GT, which as a fully-fared and much heavier bike, was mush easier to drive in the gusting winds. Plus, watching him accelerate away from me was comical considering how I was winding the bike out to keep pace. I learned a lot on this run as a rookie rider. When to maintain vs adjust lane position based on traffic and conditions, how to get more out of the bike's acceleration and how to shift weight to counter a cross-wind. There are still a few (many) areas of my riding I want to work on, but I was much more confident on the way back after a coffee and stretch break than I was on the way out. All in all a great way to spend a Sunday morning.

Rain in the forecast for the next two days, but sun for later in the week. It may only be commuting, but at least it's still riding! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.