I am an idiot please help!!!!! - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

I am an idiot please help!!!!!

My low beam headlight blew the other day so I got a new one. I decided to try to save time and replace the headlight without removing the fairings only for the headlight clip to come out. So I thought I would unscrew the hinge screw only for it to fall inside the housing for the lights. Anyways after getting angry at myself for being and idiot I decided to strip my Ninja 300 naked and take off all the fairings but still can't get to the screw unless I take the front off which I have no idea how to do. What would be the best way to fix this? Please Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:11 AM

You couldn't use a telescopic magnet to get it out could you? Most auto shops have them.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Headlight housing comes out fairly easily so you can work on it separately from the bike. As long as it looks like you've gotten all the bolt out just slowly pull back on forth on each side and it should come out. If it feels like there's a hard point then look around for a bolt.

I took my housing out to install my led bulbs and it was the first time I'd taken the fairings off the bike.

2015 Ninja 300 SE

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 09:40 PM

Garage
Yeah a magnet should help or i guess just shake it till it comes out. Either way i think it's best to just remove the front since all the fairings are already off, you will need to remove the mirrors and then 2 bolts on each side of the headlight housing, after that you just need to wiggle it out of the rubber grommets that hold it in place which might scare you of breaking something but trust me it'll be fine just wiggle and pull.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 03:40 PM

If you don't have a magnet (which is what generally happens) you could rig up a vacuum cleaner to suck the screw back out sometimes, no idea if it will work with this particular case. Tape and flexible hose will be required.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Veteran

Garage
Without pictures I'm unsure of what the OP is referring two, but if you mean the plastic knob broke which is on the back of the headlight assembly and pops into a rubber grommet on the bikes subframe, that can be fixed with a plastic soldering kit pretty well.

Proud IronButt SaddleSore 1000 rider on a Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS. 1041 miles from Miami to South Carolina and back in less than 24 hours!

For my bike and my mods check the garage. And as always, thanks for reading!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page