My second moto! - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

My second moto!

I have been very happy with my Ninja 300 for the last year and a half or so, but there were a few things lacking: 1. It was a salvage title that I bought at a cheap price, and thus it was somewhat beat up. The fact that I dropped it twice did not make it any more prettier. 2. With a 2brothers exhaust it was at times obnoxiously loud. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated the sound at times, but not always. 3. I never felt like I needed that much more acceleration then what the Ninja had, but the Ninja did lack on longer highway commutes. Yes, it could climb to triple digits, but it was buzzy, and just not super happy accelerating in the 60-90 range.
Anyway, I was thinking about my next motorcycle for a while, and kind of had my mind set upon a Versys 650. I went out to check out one locally, and randomly fell in love with a used 2007 SV650 the shop had, which is what I rode back home yesterday.
I am keeping the Ninja for now to do track days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1024.JPG (187.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1023.JPG (166.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1022.JPG (222.9 KB, 32 views)
Rogue likes this.

Bikes: 2013 Ninja 300 (non-ABS). Two brothers slip on exhaust; 43 rear sprocket with DID chain; Woodcraft clip-ons; Area 22 rearsets; shorty levers; Corbin seat; Rear spools; Ebay fairings; TST Industries rear fender eliminator; K&N air filter.
2007 naked SV650. Modded af.
Truck: 2011 Black Avalanche LTZ. Trail Ready Front bumper, 6" Fabtech lift, Corsa Touring exhaust, K&N air intake, KMC XD Bully wheels in 285/70/17 Toyo ATs, full tune with AFM/DOD delete. Alpine X-009GM with front camera.

Last edited by WhoAteMySoup; 03-15-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Seasoned Vet

Nice pick up, great bike. The SV is pretty much an all time classic.

Zaph - Retired racer
My old CCS Ultralight Thunderbike [
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
Action shots [
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
] [
] [
]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Nice pick up, great bike. The SV is pretty much an all time classic.
Yeah, everyone raves about SV650, and I can see why now. I did not expect it to be much faster then a Ninja, but it is significantly faster. I realize that it is not that quick by motorcycle standards, but for me this is the fastest thing I have ridden or driven. I have a hard time holding on and not having my ass slide off the bike at anything close to full throttle.

Bikes: 2013 Ninja 300 (non-ABS). Two brothers slip on exhaust; 43 rear sprocket with DID chain; Woodcraft clip-ons; Area 22 rearsets; shorty levers; Corbin seat; Rear spools; Ebay fairings; TST Industries rear fender eliminator; K&N air filter.
Truck: 2011 Black Avalanche LTZ. Trail Ready Front bumper, 6" Fabtech lift, Corsa Touring exhaust, K&N air intake, KMC XD Bully wheels in 285/70/17 Toyo ATs, full tune with AFM/DOD delete. Alpine X-009GM with front camera.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:58 AM

Congrats on the purchase! Looks great!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:15 PM

Ok Mr. Soup...How the hell did you get a 2nd bike? (and a really nice one at that!!)
Does Mrs. Soup know?
My wife barely tolerates one bike and won't let it in the garage - it lives in the shed off-season and gets quite lonely this time of year.
I have to go out in the middle of the winter and talk to it and let it know .... spring will be here soon darling...
Q
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Ok Mr. Soup...How the hell did you get a 2nd bike? (and a really nice one at that!!)
Does Mrs. Soup know?
My wife barely tolerates one bike and won't let it in the garage - it lives in the shed off-season and gets quite lonely this time of year.
I have to go out in the middle of the winter and talk to it and let it know .... spring will be here soon darling...
Q
Lol. No Mrs. Soup in my life yet, so I get to buy toys for myself. Both of my bikes are very much used though, so they are cheap as far as toys go.
ClutchDumper likes this.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Veteran

Garage
That's the way to do it. I had my Honda before I found the Mrs. so the bike was part and parcel of the deal. The Ninja, however, came after. And she consistently reminds me we do not need 2 bikes. I feel like she's in denial and hoping we'll progress to acceptance soon...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
That's the way to do it. I had my Honda before I found the Mrs. so the bike was part and parcel of the deal. The Ninja, however, came after. And she consistently reminds me we do not need 2 bikes. I feel like she's in denial and hoping we'll progress to acceptance soon...
I worked out somewhat of a solid argument as far as having two bikes goes. I did not need to use it on my ex, since she was a rider herself, but it did sort of work on my mom. My view on riding motorcycles is that it is very much different from commuting in your car, it requires a physical skill set that needs to be constantly maintained and worked on; this and only this will lower your chances of having an accident on a motorcycle. Right, so as far as developing and working on skill sets, the best place I can think of is a track, it is a controlled environment where you can explore the limits of your riding abilities and push them out further. That's why I need a second bike, for the track, because, one of these days I will drop it, and I don't want to worry about it too much. I just want a nice beater that I can fix up after an occasional low side, and keep going, while my pristine and beautiful daily commuter and weekend canyon carver is nice and safe.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Veteran

What's all this talk of "whyves?" I'm glad I don't have one, lol. I've got three bikes, and 2-3 more I've got me eyes on, my dogs never complain...
WhoAteMySoup likes this.

2015 Honda Grom
2014 ZX-10R - M4 GP slip-on, MD fender eliminator, dark iridium double bubble (Chinese $35)
2013 Ninja 300 SE - Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets, Leo Vince slip-on, MD fender eliminator, MD LED integrated tail, ZG double bubble, Bridgestone S20 Evos
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Find a good wife. I have been married for 38 years and I have four motorcycles in the garage. In fact the car lives outside on the driveway. When we lived in Wyoming I had nine motorcycles/atvs.
Being married is not for everyone but it works great for me. I suggest you find a "keeper".
WhoAteMySoup likes this.

MRA Windscreen,Yosh CF Slip-On,Fender Eliminator,Bar Ends,Rear Spools,Exhaust Hanger,Oil Filler Cap,CF Seat Accent,OEM Seat Cowl,ZX3-R Stickers,CF Air Box Covers,Removed Passenger Pegs,Pro-Tek Reservoir Covers,Driven Gas Cap,CF Chain/Hugger Guard,Battery Tender Pigtail,Tank Guard,Sportisi Exhaust Cowl,GPR V4 Stabilizer,Blaster X Tail Light,Bar Risers,JT 15T Sprocket, BKMOTO Projectors,RSV C5 Levers,Gear Indicator,Ohlin's Rear Shock,CF Headlight Cowl,SS Frame Plugs,CF Sprocket Cover,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page