Dude Where's My Bike? - Page 5 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Forum Champion

Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,038 Posts
Garage
I don't have the video as it was my neighbor's camera system and the police took it as evidence for further investigation. They did return the drive to my neighbor, but deleted the video from his drive when they returned it to him. I had watched it as I was waiting for the police to come and take a statement and write down the report but I didn't have personal time to make a personal copy as I was already late. Sorry.

2016 Yamaha WR250R (Team Yamaha Blue)
2007 Yamaha R1 (Team Yamaha Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 12:33 AM
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreelancerMG View Post
I don't have the video as it was my neighbor's camera system and the police took it as evidence for further investigation. They did return the drive to my neighbor, but deleted the video from his drive when they returned it to him. I had watched it as I was waiting for the police to come and take a statement and write down the report but I didn't have personal time to make a personal copy as I was already late. Sorry.

Bullshit. They can't delete it! Normally, you can use a thumb USB drive to copy the files. Is that what your neighbor did? How did he provide the video to the police? Gave the police his entire system? Maybe things work differently in SoCal, but here in the east coast, they wouldn't take your DVR. They'll ask you to make a copy for them on a DVD or give them a USB thumb drive.

I've dealt with the police many times over the past few years (I own my own business), and had to provide them with CCTV footage.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 01:34 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
Bullshit. They can't delete it! Normally, you can use a thumb USB drive to copy the files. Is that what your neighbor did? How did he provide the video to the police? Gave the police his entire system? Maybe things work differently in SoCal, but here in the east coast, they wouldn't take your DVR. They'll ask you to make a copy for them on a DVD or give them a USB thumb drive.

I've dealt with the police many times over the past few years (I own my own business), and had to provide them with CCTV footage.
lol cops do what they want. either by accident or 'cause they didn't care or 'cause their cousin was one of the thieves.

haven't you heard all the times a cop illegally takes a phone into evidence and deletes the video you were legally taking of their traffic stop or whatnot?

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 01:44 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreelancerMG View Post
Statistics isn't science.
honestly I don't care so much what we call it, but statistics is a science in the sense that it formulates hypothesis, tests for results and so on. sure it gives you answers in probabilities rather than yes/no, but quantum mechanics does a similar thing.

of course you're right, many people are poor and honest. I'm just saying that our society is unjust, and especially economically unjust.

fixing the enormous economic disparities that exist would have a much greater impact on reducing theft than harsher sentences and more prisons....also hiring true investigators rather than traffic cops to investigate thefts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page