Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Long trips with the 300?

14K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  John8x 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What's up guys. I am planning a trip to Texas and I was going to ride it... it's 12 hrs and I was wondering if anyone has takin a long trip on this bike and how it went and if yall think this bike can make the 12 hr trip without any problems. Thanks!

#2 ·
In terms of the machine, 12 hours of continuous riding is not a big deal. The problem is that you will be tired out after such a ride. Install a gel seat and throttle locker. As well as take a rest every 100 miles or less. You may want to stay for a night in a motel or hotel so that you can chop your ride into 6hrs + 6hrs.
Good luck!

#3 · (Edited)
Reactions: alan903
#10 ·
I've taken mine from the panhandle of florida to the mountains in north Carolina, did not have a problem.
Space your breaks, if you don't have a throttle stop or throttle buddy or the like....get one, I have one that Velcro's on and you can set it at any angle.
I got mine off ebay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...TRS0&_nkw=throttle+rocker&ghostText=&_sacat=0

Here is my traveling setup, i'm load practicing for a trip to the twisted sisters next month. Kerrville is 829 miles from here.. it will take me 2 days to get there and i'm spending 3 days camping, then 2 days back.

#11 ·
Thanks for the tips and advice guys! I'm now planing to do a 6-6 like someone says here it maybe an 8-4 idk lol. I dint have a throttle lock but I saw this ghetto style did lock with a metal clothes hanger I'll try when the weather chills out. I have a tank bag a tail bag and will probably be wearing a backpack for storage options. Thanks again guys

#12 ·
Definitely get a gel seat. I'd also recommend the throttle lock. My fingers and palms go numb after over an hour of riding

#18 ·
bike will make it....your ass however will not....especially with the stock plywood grade seat

#19 ·
I kind of have this crazy idea to ride to California, 1600 miles one way :O and itll be first trip..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.