Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Raising a Ninja 300 back to stock height?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tfkrocks 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all! I just purchased a 300 yesterday, and it has the Roaring Toyz lowering kit installed, with a matching kickstand.

I searched for an answer, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Hope someone can help.

Is there a tool I need to restore it to the stock height? It's way too low, and I'm smacking the bottom on speed bumps.

#3 ·
You'll need metric tools (sockets, allen wrenches, etc), some way to support the rear end of the bike without using a rear stand, and a triple tree stand.

Switch to the innermost holes on the Roaring Toys dogbones or you can buy a set of stock dogbones (Ninja 250 ones work too). You'll need a way to support the bike not using a rear stand. I used cinderblocks but a jack or jackstands also work if you want to use proper tools. Put the bike on the rear stand first, then lower the bike onto whatever you choose to use as stands. I needed someone to lift the rear and to line up the bike when I was reinstalling the dogbones. If the Roaring Toys kickstand isn't adjustable, you'll need to get another kickstand. Kickstand is an easy swap if you have the bike on stands. As for the front end, you'll want a triple tree stand. Fork stands won't work because you can't move the forks around if you're supporting the bike on them. After removing the handlebars and risers, just loosen the pinch bolts holding the forks, slide the forks down, retighten the bolts, and put the handlebars back on.

#4 ·
Switch to the innermost holes on the Roaring Toys dogbones or you can buy a set of stock dogbones (Ninja 250 ones work too). . . . . As for the front end, you'll want a triple tree stand. Fork stands won't work because you can't move the forks around if you're supporting the bike on them. . . . . .
I really appreciate your detailed response! Quick questions:

Will the innermost holes on the Roaring Toyz dogbones be stock height, or just the "least lowered"?

Also, if I just unscrew and remove the Roaring Toyz blocks on the forks without raising the front end, won't that work without having to use a triple tree stand?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.