Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Showcase items About

• · Registered
    791 Posts
    It was a sad and pathetic crash. Turn 1 at Circuit of the Americas ... on pit out. It was about 45-48 degrees outside and I was on brand new tires, Donlop Q3's. I figured I'd take it slow and build some heat in the tires and see how things go. Plus, I was on a friend's bike and I didn't want to do anything stupid. What I didn't know was Q3's aren't rated for track/air temps that low. There was no way I was going to be able to get/keep heat in those tires. It was like riding on ice. Anyway, on pit out, because of the blend line, turn 1 is basically a throw away. You just use it to set up turn 2. Right after the apex in T1 I low sided and came down on my shoulder and kinda messed it up.

My low side at COTA

· Registered
    791 Posts
    Wow, I was actually thinking about you the other day. I saw you over on the ZX6R forum, or someone with the same screen name as you. Glad to hear you're doing well. What are ya doing going smaller than a 300? Next thing I know I'll hear you traded that for a 125. ;) It's all good. I hope your enjoying it. I ended up buying a 2011 ZX6R. Man, that bike is freaking awesome. Someone basically built a track bike and left the mirrors and turn signals on it for me. So now I have a badass street bike and track bike all in one! I love this thing. I almost came out to Cali for the Superbike School but had to pass. I was still recovering from my pathetic crash and some stupid complications because of it. I'm about 80% back so I'm ready to head back to the track. Take care!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…