Brake light and signals always on or always off. - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Question Brake light and turn signals always on or always off.

So I've been doing some finishing touches on a salvaged EX300. When I got the bike, it did not have any front turn signals, and when I checked the rear signals, they were just solid on (illuminated, but not flashing). At that time, I believe the brake light was working properly as well.

A few months go by, and I am finally able to get a trailer to move the bike to my place. It is now sitting in my second bedroom and it is just waiting on headlights and right rearset to mount the brake pedal. But I noticed when turning the key into the ON position, the brake light sometimes comes on and stays on, or does not come on at all, even when using the front brake lever or fiddling with the sensor by the foot brake. All of the wiring looks good and all of the fuses are good.

My turn signals seem to coincide with the brake light working/not working. In other words, if the brake light works, the signals work, although they do not blink (separate issue - currently waiting on an electronic flasher relay since my front signals are LED), but if my brake light does not work, neither do any of my signals. The rear signals and tail light are the stock assembly with license plate light (also having the same issue) and stock bulbs, but the front signals are just little 6" LED strips I'd velcro'd in front of the hole for the stock signals.

I fired up the engine to see if that may have been the issue, but it made no difference except my temporary headlights came on. Please help

Last edited by 3enjamin; 02-14-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Tags
brake, indicator, light, signal, turn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page